“Relaxing place and wonderful staff!”
Review of Hotel Yunque Mar

Hotel Yunque Mar
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Luquillo
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Loved this place! I stayed for two nights because my friend and I were going to take a catamaran tour early the next morning and this place was perfect for us. Clean and comfortable rooms. The sounds of the ocean right on the back of the hotel AMAZING! Nice basic breakfast: sandwich, pancakes, toast, eggs, juices; included with a beautiful view of the ocean and very attentive staff. We'll definitely come back! Beautiful and clean pool and surroundings the hotel offers free parking and it's easy to get too, there are plenty of sighs right on road #3. You can get there using your gps too :)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Erik M

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I would like to start off by saying I was totally surprised by this place, it is small and quaint and very clean. Once I walked through the front doors I was greeted with a big smile from one of the employees from the front desk but what really grabbed my attention was the sound of the waves. This hotel, now Parador; is directly situated in front of the Atlantic Ocean. Not only was falling alseep to the sound of the waves a nice change of pace for me but waking up in the morning and having breakfast from the back terrace and seeing the ocean was what seemed to calm me, for someone like me who works alot of hours this place was like a personal getaway as I read in a prior review...a hidden gem. I stayed for 3 nights and wish I could have stayed more but duty calls...if anything I will definitely be back to this place as I love reading and writing, the pool area is perfect for laying back with a wonderful book and a nice drink and just soak in the sun. As an avid writer I plan on going back in the near future to work on my writing, this is a great spot where I know I can be inspired to do just that. I want to thank the staff for taking such good care of me and for being so attentive to my needs to make my stay even more comfortable and joyful they were all a huge help with giving directions and needed info to certain attractions. If you are ever going to visit PR, this is a place you should visit!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Claire R
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We picked the hotel in our traveling vacation in PR because of close location to Rain Forest. And we enjoyed very much staying at the hotel. Everybody was very friendly and helpful. Was no problem to upgrade our room (we liked to have refrigerator). Room and bathroom were very clean, bed very comfortable, pool was nice, what we could not order was nicer weather lol...too rainy!And please for the next time make your full breakfast more full :)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Elarom
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Well not the most welcoming greeting. Lady at lobby was very rude she acted as if we where bothering her, our room was good bed was very comfortable, Pool was disgusting. Morning crew was a pleasure did everything they could to please us, breakfast was fast and good
I don't think I will be staying here again. the first impression and rude greeting we got when we arrived killed it for me.

Room Tip: If you stay here get a room on the second floor, no beach view rooms at all
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Yunquemar, Owner at Hotel Yunque Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel Yunque Mar & Parador! I am sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel. The front desk staff is trained to courteously assist all of our guests from the initial contact, the reservation, checking in, to checking out of the facility. It is their stated goal to facilitate the guest experience, and maximize guest satisfaction in all areas of their stay. In addition to those duties, they also have to firmly adhere to all hotel policies, especially those policies which are created for the benefit, health, and welfare of all of the guests staying at our facilities. Because of this, there are situations which may arise where certain individual guests may feel inconvenienced when confronted with these reasonable policies. Though this is rare, it is something that has to be dealt with in a professional and courteous manner. Again, I apologize, and welcome a call to our management to assist in clarifying the situation and resolving any issues that you may have experienced.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

If you're coming from the San Juan Area wont take you long before you get there. The entrance from the road is tricky but if you call in advance, they will guide you easily. The first impression will be that you're getting into a large house on the beach. Rooms are a little outdated, specially bathrooms, but they're clean and enough to stay a week if you like. Our TV was fixed as soon as I told service. Personnel are VERY attentive and didn't let me waiting at any time. I went with my wife hiding from work, so for a fair price I got a bed, a/c, Internet, pool and breakfast included. Our room had what the called a partial view to the beach, but it was more than I expected. I saw other rooms that were with balcony's view to the sea. There is a convenience store a few steps from the Hotel just in case you would like to have some provisions for the night (no vending machines around). The parking is a little dark at night but the place is safe and VERY quiet. If you have a rental you can go towards Fajardo for a movie and dinner although they have a restaurant in the premises (I can't tell about the food there). You wont have direct access to the beach from the Hotel in this season of the year, but you're just a few minutes in car to the " balneario de Luquillo". Don't hesitate to go for local fritters and culinary experience there. Small kiosks are along the balneario, don't be discourage of their appereance, people are the best asset when you are in Luquillo. In summary a few days at the Yunque mar (literally you can see the Yunque national rain forest from the hotel and the sea on the other) were simple, quiet and extremely relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Localad
Reviewed 25 April 2013

HIghly recommend this hotel. Clean, comfortable, affordable room. No beach in front of hotel unfortunately, ocean now up to walls of the building. But nice beach within 2 block walk. Convienent to rain forest and food kiosk close by.Very freindly staff and owner! Owner invited us to his birthday party.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I love the hotel and the people that attend us. I just didn't like the road to get there and the parking for they quest was just horrible. The room was great and super clean. I really love the service of cleaning the room super fast but after a long day of traveling you hope to get to the room and watch t.v to relax; but I didn't get that with the t.v every time I got a channel some how it changes himself again to another channel.The other thing is I never got to use the pool because the water was like ice no matter how much the sun hit the water it just stay cold. Overall I really like the hotel but I will never return to the place again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jomalys C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luquillo
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort
Melia Coco Beach
Melia Coco Beach
#4 of 4 in Rio Grande

Been to Hotel Yunque Mar? Share your experiences!