Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn
Ocean Pearl(Luquillo)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsel yunquehot breakfastpuerto ricobreakfast pizzabeach towelseach morningbalcony overlooking the oceanrooms are cleangreat place to staybed and breakfastmin drivenice breakfastsound of the wavessmall hotelincluded breakfastfresh fruitrestaurants within walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My girlfriend and I spent our New Years in Puerto Rico and spent six nights here. To start, the rooms were decent. Nothing special, but they served their purpose and would only say that their beds were not the greatest. Besides that, the location was amazing. You are across the street from the ocean, in Luquillo, a great not super touristy part of PR. We had some great resteraunts nearby and the Kiosks were just down the road. As a whole, you are only 20 minutes from both el Yunque and fajarado, and being close to route 3 made going anywhere easy.

In regards to the service it was amazing. The staff were extremely kind and always had reccomendations for what ever you asked for. The complimentary breakfast that they served every morning was exceptional. Everything was hot, fresh from the kitchen and had a nice PR touch to it.....and it tasted amazing. We loved talking to the staff about off the beaten path adventures and since they gave you fresh beach towels anytime, we weren't afraid to go exploring. We have no reservations about staying here again, and would only advise you to listen to the staff for ideas and try to stay away from the tourist traps.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Sanndollar
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel! Very comfortable rooms and great views. The neighborhood is clean and the rooms are immaculate! The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast terrace is beautiful. I would return in a heartbeat!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marta T
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Went in April . Staff was great !breakfast was very good . Very clean the view was amazing . Very intimate. Loved it !,,, they gave us beach chairs and umbrella to use for the beach ! They sold beer at front desk! we meet many people from all over and ate breakfast with them . Loved the location !

Room Tip: Get a ocean on one of top floors view slept with balcony door open and got the Reese and sound of waves crashing
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ladydia721
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Inn. The front office staff is very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was nice and they did something special to accommodate my dietary restrictions. The room is standard. I wish they'd had a mini-fridge, but not a big deal. I liked the locker in the room for storing valuables. I really like that they are solar powered and follow other eco-friendly practices. The view can't be beat. Right across a small road from the beach. This is a boutique hotel without a ton of amenities. So, if you're looking for the Westin, you will not find it here. This is for people looking to feel a little more local and in touch with the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oceansnmountains
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was the perfect hotel. I had never been to Puerto Rico before and was looking for somewhere relaxing, clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and right on the beach. The Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn delivered on all fronts. The staff was warm, friendly, and helpful and provided maps and detailed advice about the area. You can borrow towels and beach chairs to go to the nearby swimming beach (about a five minute drive). The area right around the inn is not particularly active, but the kioskos are a five minute drive away, and there are several nice restaurants within walking distance (an understatement). Boardriders was a fun place and the restaurant right next door, Pasta and Pueblo, was probably one of the best meals I've had in my life - a really wonderful small, friendly place. A few blocks from the hotel across the main road is a shopping area with a Walgreens and a grocery store so it's easy to buy sunscreen, snacks or anything else you might want. It's also great that it's nearby to the rainforest and just a 45 minute drive from San Juan. Besides the location, the hotel itself is beautiful and charming and the view of the ocean is spectacular. The only downsides I experienced during my stay was that there were a lot of mosquitoes in my room, and it was so humid that the AC didn't do all that much to de-humidify it (I realize that there's only so much AC can do on that front though). However this small detractor was compensated for by how lovely the rest of my experience was. Eating breakfast on the patio was great too, delicious food and a fun time overall. I cannot wait to visit Puerto Rico again and stay at the Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn another time!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo