“Fantastic value, but ask one question on booking 3rd floor rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn

Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Luquillo
Halifax
“Fantastic value, but ask one question on booking 3rd floor rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This place is beach front (small street between), clean, spacious, quite well appointed and has INCREDIBLE beds and linens. Staff are nice and helpful (Mario arranged discounted diving -20% off- with Sea Ventures and called me back to confirm before I left for PR). The free breakfast is fine. Off street parking included, they provide a gate opener which was a nice touch. Handy post-beach / diving showers at ground level. However, if you wish to be on the top floor (3 rd floor) ask if they fixed the vibrating water pump on the roof. They got a new pump above room 34 in August 2014, and it vibrates like a lawn mover through to he ceiling and walls of at least two rooms, ALL the time. Room 24 and 34 have slightly larger balconies. Otherwise this place is a solid deal, actually a very nice value. Don't let the slightly run down aspect of the town deter you, people seemed friendly and it seemed very safe even at night (police station is 2 blocks back from beach).

Room Tip: - find out if vibrating water pump on roof above room 34 is fixed, otherwise avoid 3rd floor - get...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mirtone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I want to start off saying that the 3 stars has nothing to do with the service or quality of rooms. However, when I pulled up I was expecting a cute, maybe quaint beach town. This is not at all what it is like- I would describe it as sketchy and rundown at best. This may be because I am staying with my sister and we are both in our twenties, but we had a local tour guide tell us he was worried about us staying there because of the area. My sister and I walked to a restaurant a block away and honesty did not feel safe the entire time until inside the restaurant.

There is not much to do besides the beach, and expect people to come up and ask you for money while sitting on the beach. The only thing I want to add is the price is quite expensive for the surrounding area.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank emilyclove
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Amazing and a Hidden Gem! Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn is absolutely delightful! From the moment we arrived- everyone was so gracious and helpful- the place is lovely and immaculate; every detail is attended to; you awaken to have a delicious breakfast each day on a fabulous veranda; the balconies overlook the beach; just a perfect, perfect vacation in every way. Thank you, Sunrise Beach!!!!

Room Tip: We were very happy on the third floor with our balcony overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 250MaraM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This is a hidden gem!!! My husband and I just came back from a trip to Luiquillo and we are so happy that we chose to stay at this hotel. Every single employee went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and the view was incredible. We even took a walk down the beach from our hotel and found sea turtle nests! The room gave us all the extra things we needed including towels, beach chairs, and even free batteries when my husband's razor went dead. They make a fresh cooked free breakfast on the terrace every morning that is so tasty! I felt very safe in my room and we were within easy driving distance to the rain forest, great food, and beaches! I can't believe how wonderful this place is for the price!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in June and completely agree with all the rave reviews. It is a very clean and nice place, the location cannot be beat and the staff is unbelievably helpful and nice. I called before our stay for advice on things to do and they helped me to book two fantastic tours. They also recommended restaurants nearby that we really enjoyed. The breakfast served on the terrace overlooking the beach changes each day and the staff who prepare it make you happy you got up for it! Also, the front desk staff was extremely helpful with giving directions and helping us when some of our plans fell through. They obviously care about the people who stay with them and it really comes through!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the beach!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Beachlover69_12
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a hidden gem! The staff is great and so nice and eager to help. We were able to book the bio bay and surfing lessons through the office and they gave us great info for our other day trips, like El Yunque. The breakfasts are homemade and delicious (and nutritious!). The rooms are clean and bright with breathtaking views. Although there is a 'road' between the hotel and ocean, it's really more of a boardwalk with very little traffic. Don't let the 'road' discourage you from coming. We'll be back again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank HeatherLister
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn is a great deal. I cannot recommend it more highly. We had a beautiful place right on the beach, with marvelous views of the ocean and palm trees. The beach is never very busy, and if you walk for a few minutes, you feel like you've got your own private island, with coconuts, egrets, and golden sand. It is very easy to get around to all the good stuff from Luquillo - the rainforest, the best places to snorkle, Old San Juan. The hot breakfast is also delicious and is different every day. The facilities were clean and the room decor was very nice.

But the BEST part about this place is the people! Maria really made our trip. She was so helpful every day, going above and beyond her duty in running the hotel, to help us coordinate our adventures and make sure we made the most of our time, got everywhere safely, and got the best deals on the best experiences. She was able to recommend things that I hadn't been able to find online, which were much better than the big tourist activities I could have signed up for. For example, she hooked us up with a private kayacking tour of the bio bay, which was literally the most amazing experience of my entire life. I have nothing to compare it to...

Thank you, Maria. My best friend and I had the most amazing stay at your place. We would love to return someday!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Paula-Rosine H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luquillo
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Bravo Beach Hotel
#2 of 6 in Isla de Vieques
Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn? Share your experiences!