“Perfect vacation! Beautiful and restful.”
other travellers have booked this property
TIKI HUT TIKI HUT
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
TIKI HUT
TIKI HUT
TIKI HUT and house viewed from the beach.
Front entry courtyard.
Dining area in Florida Room overlooking the TIKI Hut and the beach.
Florida Room sitting area.
Florida Room - Gulf in background
Florida room - Living room to the right.
Living Room - kitchen in background.
Living Room, game table
Game table and library in Living room
Kitchen and dining area
Pantry, wall oven, and Built-in desk and shelves off of kitchen
Florida room (left) and Living room (right) viewed from kitchen
Master bedroom with King bed.
Armoire with TV in Master bedroom.
Bedroom #2 with twin beds.
U-shaped bathroom with doors separating both the toilet and the tub/shower areas.
Beautiful Sunset
Can't you see yourself enjoying your favorite beverage while sitting under the TIKI HUT ?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tb603
Enfield, New Hampshire
“Perfect vacation! Beautiful and restful.”
Reviewed 9 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My friends and I go to Shady Pines every year, it is a highlight for us. The house is perfect, steps to the beach to enjoy swimming in the Gulf, or walking the beach and enjoying nature. The shorebirds, dolphin sightings, and occasional manatee only add to the experience! There are great restaurants within walking distance as well as shops and art studios. Bob and Monique are attentive and responsive hosts. They worked hard to ensure that the property was in pristine condition after the recent hurricane for their guests. We will definitely continue our yearly tradition!

10 Oct 2017
We are pleased that our place meets your expectations! As birding is a big part of your enjoyment we know you loved seeing the skimmers nesting on the beach near Shady Pines.
Chris D
Carmel, Indiana, United States
“Shady Pines Is The Best”
Reviewed 8 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

My wife and I stay at Shady Pines each year and it's the highlight of our year. It is an outstanding beach front property. We love it and look forward to it each year. There are plenty of neat restaurants on the island, but we also enjoy just hanging around the beach and the tiki hut. Bob and Monique are great hosts and we have enjoyed getting to know them over the years. It's a must for us each and every year!

Maggie P
Burlington, Vermont
“Wonderful Beach Vacation!”
Reviewed 4 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Shady Pines is the perfect choice for a relaxing beach vacation. We stay at Shady Pines every year for our annual "girls week" and each year is better than the previous! The beachfront location is perfect; and the Tiki hut is a wonderful place to relax, read and enjoy the amazing sunsets over the Gulf. The owners, Monique and Bob have always been responsive to any questions we had - offering suggestions for restaurants and local attractions. The home is very comfortable and well appointed - right down to beach chairs and floats for the water! Having just returned, I am already looking forward to next years stay at Shady Pines!

6 Oct 2017
We love keeping you girls happy!
Adrienne...
“Zero privacy due to REPEATED surprise visits from owner”
Reviewed 4 September 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

We really wanted to give them 5 stars. The home is wonderful. Exceptionally stocked, excellent shady private location with a short walk to a lovely beach. Beds are comfy, couches are good (but don't dare move them!) and the kitchen is really well equipped. Truly a 5 star property, except, the owner kept stopping by unannounced.

Day 1: On the first day we arrived to find the husband fixing the kitchen appliances, not unusual, except we were over an hour late, so it was a little odd he was still there. But he was kind and apologetic. No issue.

Day 2: My husband suffers from debilitating diverticulitis, which comes an goes. He was just getting over a terrible attack and needed to rest. We pulled a couch from the sunroom to the living room, so he could stretch out under the air conditioning vent. At 4pm, the wife stopped by, unannounced. She just pulled in the the driveway and banged on the door. It was surprising and intrusive, but still could be forgiven, if it was the only time. Her reasoning was odd, she needed her daughter in law's blow dryer and wanted to tell us she would be coming by AGAIN the next day, with a new maid to inspect the property. She then exclaimed, "oh you've rearranged the furniture!" with a judgey look on her face. All the while my husband is on the couch doubled over in pain.

I asked her if she could skip the maid visit, as he was sick and we wanted privacy. She then began interrogating me about when we would go to the beach, "At breakfast? lunch? afternoon? After dinner?? There must be a time when you leave?" I said I didn't have a plan and he was sick, we really just wanted privacy, but she insisted. Now she clearly didn't know that the Florida law requires landlord's given rental tenants 12 hours of reasonable notice for visits, but I do, which is why I agreed to the visit the next day.

Day 3: She stops by when we are at the beach. We can tell because she left a note for the maid outside, pretty basic stuff, not requiring a walk through...

Day 4: We are left alone! And it is beautiful. The ocean is flat! It's so serene. My husband feels a little better and we settle in.

Day 5: It's a slow morning, walking around in half dressed, as a couple might do on a private vacation when we hear a knock on the interior garage door! I jump. "Who is it??"
"It's me!"
I swing the door open and shout at her, " You have got to be kidding me!"
She's standing there, inside the garage, door open, handful of cleaning supplies.

"For the maid! She's new!" exclaims the guilty wife on her 4th visit. I begin asking if she's checking up on us and she then explains...
< Now PAY ATTENTION this is why I'm leaving the review>

"None of the other tenants minded me stopping by!"

Go back now and read the other reviews, notice the others mention how nice the landlords are. They must have ALL met her. She must drop by, unannounced, to check up on you. She lives across the street. This is not acceptable for me. I paid thousands of dollars for a private romantic vacation with my husband. I do not need a reason for that privacy. It is my legal right.

I wish I did not have to leave this review. It's a great home in a great location. But someone else might feel like I do. Which is why I am giving this house 5 stars and removing one for every single visit. 1 star.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 Sep 2017
We are so very sorry that these renters were so inconvenienced by the necessary, but very short contacts with them. I did apologize profusely when they let me know they thought I was being intrusive.

1. A necessary repair to the microwave was called to our attention by the cleaning lady just before their arrival, and as we live ½ a block away, we were able to attend to it; otherwise a repair service would have had to come on Monday.
2. I came by the house the next day to retrieve a personal item that was left by the previous tenant, who asked me to mail it to them. At that visit, I asked if I could bring a new cleaning lady by, while they were on the beach the next day, so I could go over priorities with her. Our regular cleaning lady was going to be out of town that Saturday and could not clean for us, so we had to find another.
3. The next day, I accessed the garage, which is locked off from the house, to leave cleaning supplies in the cabinet for the new cleaning lady. They heard me, and at that point, they told me how intrusive they thought I was. I apologized and they never saw me again.

We respect out tenants’ privacy and are always available to them as needed, and ready to answer any questions or address any needs. Many of them have questions about the island and Shady Pines. This is our first negative review in
over 15 years.

Monique & Bob Gutierrez
cassel5
Holland, Michigan
“Perfect Perfect Perfect”
Reviewed 2 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Don't hesitate and just book it, you won't be disappointed!! Just arrived and already asking for next year. Perfect location, Awsome view, Everything you need, and yes the tiki hit is one cool extra feature. This family of 5 found the Perfect home to relax in AMI!

ttcwjc
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“Exactly as shown in pictures”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This beautiful beachfront house was exactly as shown in the pictures. The owners were excellent to work with and ensured we had everything we needed to enjoy a stress-free week long vacation. The house was very clean and comfortable. It was wonderful to be just a few steps from the sand and gulf. We hope to come back soon.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Margaret...
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Wonderful respite from winter”
Reviewed 11 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We spent two relaxing weeks in this lovely environment. It was like living on a private island. The house was clean, very well-equipped and more attractive than the pictures. The view of the Gulf was spectacular, especially the sunsets and almost made up for the days too cool to sit on the beach! The owners were friendly but not intrusive and we look forward to returning next year.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Only one bathroom in main part of the house
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing