“Great hotel, nice pool”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Canoa Quebrada
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, nice pool”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in Feb. We had a room on the 1st floor with sea view and balcony overlooking the pool. Unlike most hotels in the area, the pool was clean and inviting, with nice loungers. The rooms were spacious and clean, with new towels etc offered every day. The hotel is a short walk from the main street and beach in Canoa, but we were offered a free buggy ride there and back every day, though we rarely took it. Whilst the road isn't paved, it is only a 5 minute walk along a well lit road, although the owner very kindly dropped us in his own car a few times. A great value hotel that we would definitely return to.

• Stayed February 2014

Business
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I was there again, loved it again! I think it is the place in Canoa with the best value for money. I advise to book on the upper floor, as the view over the premises and the sea is just great.
It is located far from the noisy center (Broadway), however at a good walking distance, 3 minutes. So, you can just leave the car in the Pousada all your stay in Canoa.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Visalia, California
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Pousada Aruana is a great place to stay, with nice rooms and friendly service. I look forward to visiting again! A week was not enough time.

The owner was friendly, introduced himself to me right away, and checked in with me many times during my visit to make sure that I was satisfied. He was in the process of building a home down the street, recognized me as I was walking past, and gave me a tour of his new home. How often does that happen?

The employees of the Pousada Aruana were friendly and helpful, not intrusive, but there to help where needed. Those at the front desk spoke English well and were very helpful. Everything was very clean - I was impressed at how well the pousada was looked after, having only about 15 rooms.

Pousada can communicate many levels of luxury, and this pousada was the nicest I've stayed at - and certainly worth every penny spent. Beautiful pool as the centerpiece, an inviting area for breakfast, an outdoor lobby, an understated but beautiful room - very classy.

The biggest drawback is less of a big deal than some would make it out to be - the pousada is located about as far from the center of town as possible in Canoa Quebrada. But, really, that's only a 15 minute walk, at most. I can think of other places that I have stayed were I was much further from the beach and town, and paid considerably more. Yes, it is a dirt road, but it is well-lit and well-traveled. I never had a concern for my safety, even in the middle of the night.

And realistically, the owner did everything he could to minimize this issue. All I had to do was to ask and the desk would call a buggy to drive me into town or to the beach. I did not use this often, as I was fine with walking, but it was available. Also, several times the owner offered me a ride in his private vehicle.

Pousada Aruana is a beautiful place to spend a few days. Have fun at the beaches, the bars, the restaurants, but come back to a room where you will have peace, quiet, and attentive service.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank twopec
new jersey
Reviewed 7 February 2010

There was no paved road to get to this Pousada. The service was poor! The room was OK, no drawers, and plenty of big ants to be ignored. The bath towels were old and patched. Shampoo, just on the first day. The air conditioner was noisy and did not work properly. The tv only had one channel. The Pousada is 600 yards from the beach. To get to the beach we
had to schedule with the front desk for a polluting dune buggy. The town of Canoa Quebrada is filthy and not inviting. You have to look were you step because of the broken glass. The pictures that advertised this place in the net, misled us. The rating of 4 stars is
not even close to be true.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple