We stayed at the hotel at the end of our journey in Peru.
It was the perfect place to unwind.
Location in Las Pocitas was perfect, as it is far away from hussle and trouble of Mancora (that you can reach with a 40 min walk on the beach)
The beach in front of the hotel is very nice, and you can enjoy this very long beach by making some nice walks.
The room, was nice, very modern and clean. It had sufficient space and closets but it is not a big room; bathroom is nicely set even if I must say that I would have added an additional light in the shower.
Every room has a very nice private patio, very large with some outdoor lounge, very pleasant.
All the room are with ocean view and what a beautiful view.
This hotel is also eco friendly you can see it in many details from the bathrooms ameninities that are not in monouse bottles but in bottle in ceramic that are refilled every day.
You have a real feeling of "boutique hotel" style in this place; with attention paid to the details, the music you heard is very nice and make you in the perfect mood to relax by the pool or on the beach. When the day starts to become very hot, Jackie would pop up with some icy towels, or by lunch one of the waiters will pop up by the sunbeds offering you some spoon appetizers...
The staff are very friendly how can we thank enough Jorge, Paco, Luz and Jackie for how they have assisted us during our week stay always smiling and being kind.
And let's talk about the food, a world : "WOW!" Spectacular!
We, the people used to skip lunch during our holiday, ended up by eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at their restaurant !!!!!!!!! And thank to their very long menu choice we have eaten there for one week without getting bored!
With my husband, we signed for the him & her spa treat; it was perfect 2 hours of pure bliss di front of the ocean ending by jacuzzi & champagne.
The spa is located on the top floor, is very cleaned and the therapists were excellent
If you intend to do the same, I warmly suggest you to do as what we did by booking the session that ends around 6 p.m. giving you the possibility to enjoy the sunset from there.
Let's talk about the negative, because yes there are still improvements to be made at the DCO and that i why my valutation is Very Good and not Excellent.
For an hotel quite expensive, we had some negative surprises like
1) the water bottles to wash your teeth available in the room are not refilled, if you want some more (for e.g. if you stay 1 week) well you have to pay for it. Now it is not for fun, that in Mancora you wash your teeth with mineral water but because it is needed!
2) breakfast is included in the rate but .... many items are left out; for e.g. a basic thing like yoghurt and Kellogg's! If you want them you have to pay.... every day I ordered them, so it is like I paid twice my breakfast.
3) boutique hotel means attention to details; I was very surprise when in a need of 1 iron (my clothes after 3 weeks of going around with luggages were crying for some ironing) I had been told "we don't have any". I don't say that you need to have an iron in every room we are in Mancora not in a big american city, but at least 1 for the hotel would have been nice.
This is anyway the best hotel in Mancora.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DCO is an oasis of tranquility and privacy that is in connection with its natural environment. It also offers special characteristics and unique services like no other: the Gourmet Restaurant DCO, the terrace and beach Lounge, and the couple SPA at best Asian style. The hotel is so stunning, so individual, so undeniably designer. It's a destination in its own right! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your DCO Suites, Lounge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dco Suites, Lounge And Spa
- Dco Suites, Lounge Hotel Mancora
- Dco Hotel Lounge