“Took a chance”

Ranked #13 of 88 Restaurants in Mancora
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I had dinner here one night and ordered the early bird special (served 6-8PM) for $19 NS or about $7 USD. I picked the veggie pizza (3 slices), garlic bread, and lemonade. Service was okay and the food was good. Would come here again for the daily special... a good deal.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I got my order from the menu hanging outside in the street, I went up to the owner knowing I wanted an S/.18 pizza and a coke. When I ordered he showed me circle wooden cut out with two different pizza sizes on it, I pointed to the smaller one. I received the pizza and it was the same size as one I received from a pizza place down the road a few nights before for S/.20, so though nothing of it. When I went to pay the waitress she gave me a docket with a S/.40 on it, I questioned it, she approached the owner and he said i ordered the medium, I said I ordered the small, as it was the smallest he showed me on his wooden cutout. He didn't really care, was only after his S/.40.
I went into here thinking I was having a S/.20 meal but ended up paying twice that.
They have a word for it in Spanish, estafado (scammer). So I wouldn't bother unless you keep your witts about you while having dinner.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Pizza was good (the best is Laylamp in Organos to the south of Mancora) and reasonably priced. Didn't like the fact that the bottle of wine was delivered to the table already opened but several Peruvian restaurants did the same.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Went in with a party of six and one young child - asked for a portion of fries for the child who is Gluten Allergic and six pizzas. Only would give the portion fries if we bought a 3 year old child a full adult meal that came with fries.

Despite explaining we would pay for the fries separate they said the 3 year old would have to order a full adult meal. All six people got up and left - all six of us ate somewhere else.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had the 19 sol menu. The soup was fine. I had pesto pasta wich was ok,my gf had pizza wich olso was ok.