“It was like visiting my familly”
Review of Posada Margarita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Yaque
Posada Margarita
Ranked #7 of 11 El Yaque B&B and Inns
Riga, Latvia
“It was like visiting my familly”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Spent 4 amazing days days with my friends at Posada Margarita...and it really felt like at home...
Posada Margarita is just 5 minutes from the beach and main shopping and entertainment place. Room was very good ( kitchen was a pleasant surprise with all it's equipment and gave an idea of making cocktail evening) and breakfast was excellent ( still feel fresh squeezed juice taste in my mouth) ...It was such a joy, after a long day at the beach or excursions around Isla Margarita ( organizes by Michael), lay down in hammock and have a cold drink.
At evening it's possible to visit Gaby's Grill bar and have a hot Latino dance..:)
Gaby and Michael are very helpful and friendly owners, who have thought about all clients needs...

Room Tip: Definitely one with kitchen and terrace
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2011

From the first moment at Posada Margarita we felt at home, and part of the family. The Posada is safe, the entire property is behind a perimeter wall. The room was clean, and the shared space is landscaped and well maintained. Miguel's knowledge of the island is immense, we paid him for an island tour on one of our days there. He was very helpful finding dining options for us in El Yaque, even walking us to the location of his friend's restaurant. He was always ready to serve us breakfast as planned, and our vegetarian diet was no problem. The icing on the cake was when he went above and beyond to get our camera to us in Caracas after I forgot it in a hammock. I recommend this place to anyone who wants to be close to a kite surfing beach, away from the bustle of Playa El Aqua, and close proximity to Isla Coche.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blair H
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My boyfriend,2 other friends and I planned a last minute kite boarding trip to Isla Margarita and stayed at the Posada Margarita for 4 nights and 5 days. Given that we are all based in Trinidad (where accommodations are generally ALOT more expensive), we expected that for a price of 25 usd a night that the accommodations would be barely basic at best. Boy were we surprised!

The entire compound has the immediate look of a well maintained place: clean, well finished, attention to detail, no chips in paint, wooden frames well varnished. We soon found out it was because Miguel and Gabby put in alot of hard work and care into the place. ..and it showed! The posada is also delightfully located, just 1 minute walk from the main drag which, although there wasnt an overwhelming volume of tourists to begin with, allows for peace and quiet.

The rooms we selected were reasonably equipped and had just enough space to move about and to store luggage and clothes. Outside of each room was a hammock and a dining table with a line to hang up wet beach clothes and towels (very thoughtful!). I loved laying out in the hammock whenever the occassion arose just to enjoy the relaxing sensation of the breeze.

El Yaque was a pleasure to be in as even though we visited in low wind season, winds were just enough to squeeze 2 days of kite surfing in. My party and I really enjoyed the fact that the village itself was very cute and not too touristy; despite the tourism infrastructure, the village still had a 'fishing village' feel with amazingly pleasant locals.

Miguel and Gabby seem to be honest and reliable people. Miguel went waay out of his way for us, providing more services than we expected to get: from indicating to us the best place to change our money to bolivares, picking us up and dropping us back to the airport (we had multiple arrival days!!), giving us a ride into Porlamar, helping us to fix our kites, to giving good kiting advice.

The breakfasts that Miguel prepared for us were also high quality, tasty and again not too expensive at all!

I feel like Im cheating Miguel as my words do not really succinctly capture my experience at the posada...so Ill just conclude by saying that it was so nice, I'd do it twice :)...!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank KhafW
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We just spent a few beautiful days on Margarita Island ... and Posada Margarita was the perfect place to stay. Very beautifully laid out (especially the apartments), clean, affordable, and the owners are extremely helpful. Breakfast is great and also affordable and the Posada is just far away from the beach (about 4 minute walk), to not be disturbed by all the activity going on the beachfront. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank UliR
Port Colborne, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Miguel and Gaby are excellent hosts - warm, friendly, and helpful. Posada Margarita is a cluster of 3 buildings with guest apartments and rooms, as well as the family residence. The compound is walled in and very safe with beautiful gardens. It's easy to doze off in one of the hammocks hanging on the porches. Miguel is fluent in both Spanish and English and is a wealth of knowledge about the history and politics of the area. Not a luxury resort, but fantastic value for the price.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Fonthill, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2011

... a great place to stay.... clean, private...just far enough away from the beaches...and Miguel is the best. He goes out of his way to assist you in your stay. For us, he even drove my wife and interpreted for her at a medical clinic in Porlamar....you just can't get any better..... stay here if you get the opportunity. Its close to all the amenities that El Yaque has to offer... and Miguel will even point you to the right restaurants!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 March 2011

January-February 2011 marks my 3rd five week stay at Posada Margarita. I came to windsurf and, though the wind was not as strong as former years, I still managed to sail 30 out of 35 possible days. I found everything at the posada was as in my last year's review (see it below), and even stayed in my preferred apartment. My neighbors for most of my stay were the same Canadian couple who occupied the apartment next to me last year. It was "old-home" week for us. In addition, I made some new friends since every room faces the courtyard and everybody hangs out there in the early morning and after their daily activities.

The personal service of Gaby and Miguel cannot be matched. Their posada is clean, convenient, and safe. I do not hesitate recommending it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
#31 of 90 in Margarita Island
Puerta Del Sol Porlamar
Puerta Del Sol Porlamar
#12 of 23 in Porlamar

Been to Posada Margarita? Share your experiences!