My intention was to treat my sister to a trip to Toorak to visit friends. We could have stayed with them, but I found the website description of Toorak Manor enticing as my sister loves beautiful things from bygone eras. I booked a Deluxe Room.
What we found on arrival was a case of blatant misrepresentation.
In order of becoming evident:
1. When I went out to dinner with friends I did not have a drink because I was driving and I thought that I could have a nightcap in the room. No mini bar in the room. The website states that each and every room has one. When I asked the receptionist why there was no minibar in the room, she pointed to the vending machine in the lobby. I noted that it only had sugared, coloured, carbonated drinks and no water.
2. No feather pillows as detailed on the website. I usually take my own feather pillow when sleeping away from home, as I suffer from neck pains. I didn’t do so in this instance because of the details in the advertised inducements.
3. There was no Laura Ashley linen in the room as advertised. (One of the three big reasons I chose your establishment)
4. The breakfast was most inadequate. The toaster only toasted on one side so I let the girl know if it was still under warranty to return it. I had to ask for a bowl for my cereal and to not have percolated or drip coffee, only instant sachets, was well below what would be expected.
5. On the second night we came back to the hotel with a male friend. It was inappropriate to have him come upstairs to our room while we changed for dinner, so we suggested he wait in the lounge room and watch the news. There was NO cable TV as advertised. Nor was there the complimentary port which the website outlines, is served to guests.
6. The fridge in the room was frozen over and its only contents, was UHT milk. No ice trays, no water, no alcohol.
7. Both window winders in room 14 were broken.
8. Breakfast was not available till after 8am which when on holidays people usually like to get on the road early.
9. The reception desk was not staffed on our departure at 7.30 am.
10. The website describes quaint garden furniture – you are kidding! Old plastic unmatched rubbish
11. Worst of all, the shower was disgustingly mouldy and in need of a decent scrub and disinfectant. (Buy some exit mould)
Initially we felt sorry for the girl at reception as she was trying to deal with our issues. However, she offered no solutions only excuses. She did not give us the owners name or contact details as she said she didn’t know where to reach them. Upon departure, we were told by another tenant, that the owner resided on the top floor. It became apparent that perhaps they were not interested in customer feedback and satisfaction.
I sent management a letter for a refund and have only had a reply saying they received it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Toorak Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Toorak
- Toorak Quality Inn
- Toorak Manor Greater Melbourne