“Convenient and good value”
Review of Toorak Manor

Toorak Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Toorak
Brisbane
“Convenient and good value”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

What a great little surprise. Old world charm, clean, well appointed room, all the amenities and even a nice basic little cheap breakfast. I booked at a peak time in the city where everything else had inflated its prices, yet this was half the most average hotels and located just a couple of minutes to Hawksburn Station. Short walk to Chapel street, easy to get to Richmond and the city, such a great little place to stay

Room Tip: I stayed in 14 which a little tucked away but nice and quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Marko100Brisbane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Toorak Manor might be old but it has its own charm. Only a few minutes by walk to the station (few stops your in the city) and a 10 minute walk to busy Chapel St its in a great location. The room (no 10) I stayed in was clean and comfortable which really made it value for money stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tony B
Sale, Victoria
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this lovely hotel as we were going out for dinner in Richmond. It is small and quaint but very comfortable. It has all the amenities and comfort of a large hotel but much cheaper. This represents great value for money. I would highly recommend a stay when visiting South Yarra / Chapel Street.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JohnnyHSale_Victoria
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

As nearby residents(Armadale) just needed a place to stay as we just sold our home and emptied out by removalists we decided The Manor seemed to be the perfect choice, close by and handy, not only that very reasonably priced!

I don't want to add any complaints! Look it is a very reasonably priced older style hotel,and who cares if a light is not working,the beds were Good,shower hot! What else do you need when you want a place to sleep and hit the road early.

As an ex Melbourne resident, close to train stations and trams,Toorak Road ,walking distance.
Look it's not 5 star, but don't expect that for the price charged,the Decor charming you just don't see nowadays.
We skipped breakfast, so cannot comment on that.
Anytime we are back in Melbourne,we certainly think of this hotel again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert D
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Old fashioned building and furniture (1900s), well maintained, very clean and good value for money. The breakfast is cereal, toast and tea which suited me perfectly. Would definitely reconmend and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Sarah A
Gladstone
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My intention was to treat my sister to a trip to Toorak to visit friends. We could have stayed with them, but I found the website description of Toorak Manor enticing as my sister loves beautiful things from bygone eras. I booked a Deluxe Room.

What we found on arrival was a case of blatant misrepresentation.
In order of becoming evident:
1. When I went out to dinner with friends I did not have a drink because I was driving and I thought that I could have a nightcap in the room. No mini bar in the room. The website states that each and every room has one. When I asked the receptionist why there was no minibar in the room, she pointed to the vending machine in the lobby. I noted that it only had sugared, coloured, carbonated drinks and no water.
2. No feather pillows as detailed on the website. I usually take my own feather pillow when sleeping away from home, as I suffer from neck pains. I didn’t do so in this instance because of the details in the advertised inducements.
3. There was no Laura Ashley linen in the room as advertised. (One of the three big reasons I chose your establishment)
4. The breakfast was most inadequate. The toaster only toasted on one side so I let the girl know if it was still under warranty to return it. I had to ask for a bowl for my cereal and to not have percolated or drip coffee, only instant sachets, was well below what would be expected.
5. On the second night we came back to the hotel with a male friend. It was inappropriate to have him come upstairs to our room while we changed for dinner, so we suggested he wait in the lounge room and watch the news. There was NO cable TV as advertised. Nor was there the complimentary port which the website outlines, is served to guests.
6. The fridge in the room was frozen over and its only contents, was UHT milk. No ice trays, no water, no alcohol.
7. Both window winders in room 14 were broken.
8. Breakfast was not available till after 8am which when on holidays people usually like to get on the road early.
9. The reception desk was not staffed on our departure at 7.30 am.
10. The website describes quaint garden furniture – you are kidding! Old plastic unmatched rubbish

11. Worst of all, the shower was disgustingly mouldy and in need of a decent scrub and disinfectant. (Buy some exit mould)

Initially we felt sorry for the girl at reception as she was trying to deal with our issues. However, she offered no solutions only excuses. She did not give us the owners name or contact details as she said she didn’t know where to reach them. Upon departure, we were told by another tenant, that the owner resided on the top floor. It became apparent that perhaps they were not interested in customer feedback and satisfaction.

I sent management a letter for a refund and have only had a reply saying they received it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sonia R

Travellers are raving about these Toorak hotels

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed here for a weekend to watch the AFL. Was a really easy trip into the city on the train - in fact it was probably easier from here than some of the places we have stayed in the city to get to the MCG. The shopping and food was great in Chapel St which was an easy walk. The facilities were not amazing but neither were they awful. They were really what I expected for the price. The bathroom was clean - the room was quiet. Had a view of the train line but the window was double glazed so didn't hear anything. We did get a special so we didn't pay full price - we had three people in the room - not sure it is worth the full price quoted on their website. We will very happily stay again if we get a special rate.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Aussiegirl063
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toorak
Hotel Claremont
Art Series - The Olsen
#27 of 159 in Melbourne
Richmond Hill Hotel
#2 of 2 in Richmond

Been to Toorak Manor? Share your experiences!