“Thanks for the Reviews”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toorak
Country Womens Association Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Toorak B&B and Inns
Toorak, Australia
“Thanks for the Reviews”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We are please to let Guests know that we've updated Rooms 4 & 10, the beds have now been replaced by King Singles and are extremely comfortable and great for Guests who like more space in their bed due to their height etc.
Come and be our Guests where you will be in a quiet garden location ,close to Stop No. 37 Tram No. 8 which takes you directly into the city in approx. 20 minutes.

We would love to welcome you here to our unique accommodation.

Juliet-Bed&Breakfast Reception

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank CWA_Toorak

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Great place and very cheap with breakfast esp if you are a Vic member. Breakfast is fantastic and a help yourself toast, cereal and fruit etc bfast. Roons could do with a little renovation and the bathrooms/showers are unisex. Can be quite noisy and it can be hard to be quiet due to doors being hard to close. There is a TV room and disability bathrooms. One of us had a guide dog and we had no issues whatsoever. Rooms are very basic although comfortable.

Stayed February 2014
6 Thank Tina D
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A business trip to Melbourne brought myself and my 2 sisters to the CWA in Toorak. The accommodation is in a most beautiful old building in gorgeous Toorak, Melbourne. We opted for separate single rooms which were adequately furnished - single bed, electric blanket, desk, wardrobe and wash-basin. We chose to have single rooms with shared bathroom facilities to keep costs down. The bathroom was just across the hall and consisted of 2 toilets and 2 roomy showers.

Breakfast in the tariff of $70p/n was included and consisted of a choice of cereals, toasts, juice, tea & coffee in a very pleasant breakfast room. There are two lovely, roomy lounge-rooms to relax in at the end of a big day. The house is set in a lovely big garden where there is parking available.

In a short walking distance is Toorak Village where there is a fabulous choice of restaurants and I can highly recommend Welcome Thai Restaurant. We have had many Thai meals but this was one of the best.

The CWA is very close to the tram line. We chose to catch a cab from nearby Chappel St (walking distance) to the Exhibition Centre in the city and the cost was $16.

The only downside for my stay was the bed in Room #4 as I felt it was sloped away from the wall and my body wasn't straight so I put a pillow under my legs to level my body. My 2 sisters in the adjacent rooms said their beds were very comfortable. There were heaters in the rooms too which helped in the middle of winter.

All in all, the stay was very comfortable and I would definitely stay again. I would probably opt for a room with an ensuite next time. Even though it is the "Country Women's Association" there were men (senior men with their wives) staying there and using the women's bathroom (which was clearly marked "LADIES"). We didn't think that was appropriate but didn't make a fuss about it. However, had I been standing in the shower room in my night attire and a man walked in to use the toilet I would have felt extremely uncomfortable.

I hope my review has helped. All in all, it is a very affordable, safe and comfortable place to stay. The house has much history and i wish I could have learned more about the old girl.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, I suggest you opt for a room at the end of the corridor and away from th...