“Wine made easy”

Seville Hill Winery
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Seville
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Recently we spent the day on a Yarra Valley wine tour, the second vineyard/cellar door we visited was the Seville Hill Winery. The host and winemaker was renovating either the bathroom or the kitchen in his home when we arrived in the pouring rain. He left his renos and came up and opened up for us. John the winemaker spent the next hour fascinating us with his wines and knowledge. Nothing was too much trouble, we sampled his home made crushed olives, tasted all his wines which were absolutely fabulous and I think I could safely say we all wanted to stay and let him prepare our lunch and drink his wines, Unfortunately we had to move on. It was the highlight of the tour it was such a great way to find out about the wines from the actual winemaker and then know how to sample each wine to get the best possible taste from the wine. We came away armed not only with knowledge, but wine, cheeses (yes he makes them too) crushed olives, photos of his amazing camellia bushes and a pleasant warmth from the best port I think I have ever tasted. Kudos to the Seville Hill Winery and the winemaker John for a fantastic interlude. I would thoroughly recommend a visit to this winery.

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

A great place for Sunday lunch overlooking the Yarra Valley. Listening to jazz music& drinking a non sweet but lots of berry flavours in the Rose.

1  Thank BigAlister
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I had a lovely lunch and a great welcome from Betty the red heeler. The service was very good and food delicious.

Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Friendly cellar door, gorgeous wines with the vintage port and cherry liqueur the highlights. Graceful old trees dot the property and a platform offers stunning views.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

This operation is very welcoming and very unpretentious, but the winemaking is truly good and truly original. I liked every wine offered, but my favorite examples are the pinot noir (10% of the juice is drawn off, resulting in a deeply colored, very intensely flavored and aromatic wine), the late harvest sauvignon blanc (all the sweetness you could want, and a citrus finish), and most original of all, the cherry liqueur (actually a fortified cherry wine, with none of a liqueur's heaviness--just pure fruity pleasure). I was sorry I could get only four bottles in my suitcase to bring home to the US.