“Definitely making a return trip!”

Wild Cattle Creek Estate
Reviewed 30 September 2013

From the call back from the restaurant manager Dean to confirm our stay we had a positive and friendly feeling about the place and the people.
When we arrived we were greeted with a calm, relaxing attitude from all the staff and we could feel that we were in for a great break.
Our accommodation was so beautiful that my parents wanted to live the rest of their days there in such comfort and salubrious surroundings.
Our meal was of the highest quality I've tasted in Victoria and we were left content and full making the price justifiable and apt.
On our return to the Wallace Homestead we all enjoyed a peaceful, comfortable sleep in lavish big beds with high quality linen.
We could of easily of stayed for much longer and really enjoyed conversing with the owner Kevin who took a lot of his time out to share his passion of wine making and fine dining. He was honest, friendly with a great sense of humour and you could tell he demanded the highest standards in all areas of his business from the manicured grounds to each individual staff members attitude and candour.
An overall beautiful and pleasant stay in one of Victoria's beauty spots.

P J O'Neill and Edna Lal

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband and I recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at WCC and it was perfect in every way! The staff service was OUTSTANDING and the quality of the food was amazing!
We also stayed over the weekend and our every need was met with 100% helpfulness and with the amazing food, surroundings, and wine the rest of the wedding weekend was PERFECT! Thank you Wild Cattle Creek! We will DEFINITELY be back! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom villa on a last minute special for $195 per night including breakfast provisions. The Villa itself was "OK", modern, with a gas fire place, full kitchen and reasonably nice views.

The major downside of this estate is it's located no more than 100 meters from the Warburton Highway which is a very busy, very noisy road. On the first night the neighbours at the bottom of the hill (about 200 meters away) had a party and their loud music could clearly be heard until 1AM.

The 2nd night we decided to book for the 4PM private wine tasting, which was not private as we had thought, all in house guests were invited. Kevin who I assume is the owner, ran the wine tasting, very lovely guy and very knowledgeable however, we felt he rambled on far too long (15 minutes between each tasting) he also had the impression everyone in the group was tasting wine for the FIRST time. Whilst we still enjoyed the tasting, if you're knowledgeable about wine, I'd suggest skipping it and doing a regular tasting at another time.

We had booked for dinner at 6:30, were greeted promptly and seated at a nice table by the fire by a friendly young lady. That's where the enjoyment stopped unfortunately, we opened the menu and were shocked at the pricing. The menu consisted of 3 steaks, & five other main dishes. There was not a main on the menu less than $29, which I'm normally fine with when dining at a "nice restaurant", however being a man I enjoy a lovely steak on a special occasion and when I looked at the steak selection I was shocked to see that their cheapest steak, a 200g eye fillet was $35! Their next was a scotch fillet for $40, and finally their 550g rib eye was a whopping $59. Now I've worked around food a lot earlier on in my life and from experience I know that rib eye sells for $24 a kilo MAX! So please Wild Cattle Creek, explain to me why I would want to pay $120 per kilo??? There were a number of entrees on the menu but the cheapest was bread $9.50.

In the end we packed up, drove to Healesville and had a beautiful meal at the Grand for $65 (where of course I had a Rib eye, with chips and salad for $32...). To credit the restaurant, on the last morning we had breakfast there, it was perfectly priced and very enjoyable.

I've stayed at a lot of B&B's and cottages throughout the Yarra Valley region and take my advice, if you're looking for a quiet relaxing, value for money getaway, this is not the one for you.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, ask for a vineyard villa - further away from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glen M
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Nothing better than a comfy bed and cosy pillows, and Wild Cattle Creek Estate's Wallace Homestead comes up trumps. A beautifully restored home with all the comforts you need for a small group. A spectacular location in the Yarra Valley. Make sure you take the short walk to the restaurant, and if they still have "Fruit Soup" on the dessert menu, then do yourself a favour...taste sensation!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

Unit was well appointed for 2 couples, breakfast supplies were excellent for us to cook our own breakfast. Outlook over the vineyard from our villa was lovely. Dinner in the restaurant was a little disappointing- food seemed over cooked (stewed) a little like function food rather than restaurant quality. Our whole table felt the same about the food but we enjoyed the villas and property so much that we have booked to visit again and hope to enjoy the food a little better this time.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My stay at the wild cattle creek was incredible. The customer service was the best I've ever experienced, anything I needed or requested they provided with pleasure. Kindest staff in Melbourne. The accommodations were luxurious and exceptionally clean. The linens were soft and cozy. The wine was delightful on top of it all!! I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family without hesitation. Thank you for an amazing memorable stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed at Wild Cattle Creek Merlot Cottage for my birthday weekend and it was a beautiful setting, a great welcome when we arrived from Dean, and a comfortable and homely cottage. Everything we needed and more was provided - the fresh eggs and bread were delicious. A fun and informative wine tasting session - led by Dean. So good wines to choose from. Followed by a super meal at the restaurant. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DivingK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seville
Yarra Valley Lodge
Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa
Araluen Boutique Accommodation
Yering Gorge Cottages
Woodlands Rainforest Retreat

Been to Wild Cattle Creek Estate? Share your experiences!