“Totally above and beyond our expectations”

and 1 more site!
Azjure Studio Retreat
Brisbane
“Totally above and beyond our expectations”
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We couldn't believe the attention to detail and the relaxation and luxury offered by Azjure. You can really tell that the studios have been designed to perfectly suit a relaxing stay.

Service was excellent in both the booking proces and during our stay.

We were 100% satisfied and will definately be making a return appearance sometime in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 10 July 2009

My wife and I first stayed at Azjure 2 years ago and at the first chance to get away without the kids since, we did not even have to discuss where we would go. It was straight back to the best place either of us has ever stayed.
We thought two years ago we had enjoyed a perfect getaway with not one fault or flaw so how could it get better. More mature plantings, relaxing background music providing a calming entry after the drive, spa pillows, welcome card and a unit that was as immaculately presented, fresh and luxurious as the first day we ever visited.
This is the perfect couplse retreat. Peace, quiet, beauty, luxury, it really is a magnificent indulgence. The perfect accommodation with superb service. It is bliss.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2009

My husband and I are Azjure regulars. We first stayed at Azjure shortly after it opened three years ago and we returned there this year for the third consecutive year. The studio was as modern and as new this year as it was the first year we stayed there. The studios contain every convenience and luxury you could hope for or want, from a log fire to an espresso coffee machine to a spa bath for two.

The gardens around Azjure are impecably landscaped and the vineyard on the property adds to the authentic Stanthorpe feel. The studios overlook the nearby mountains so the view from every window and the patio is just divine, only made better by the host of wildlife that cross the property, kangaroos and even deer. The studios are cleverly designed so you feel secluded and could go days without seeing anyone if you didn't want to. Romance is definitely the theme of Azjure with everything provided, including candles, a scented oil, relaxation music and bathrobes.

The hosts of Azjure, Cathryn and Ross, are so friendly and accommodating. They are always truly delighted to greet new and returning guests. They are more like old friends now and we always spend a great deal of time with them catching up on the previous year's occurrences when we check-in. Cathryn and Ross have a wealth of knowledge on the local area and can suggest wineries to suit your tastes as well as recommend places to eat. They do their utmost to keep the studios in top condition and go out of their way to add new personal touches to the studios every year. We always look forward to hearing about and seeing the new additions to the studios when we visit.

I'm pleased to say that we have rebooked to stay at Azjure again next year for the fourth time and I have no doubt that it will be of the same consistent outstanding standard that we have come to expect. I would recommend Azjure in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Adelaide
Reviewed 10 June 2009

This was a wonderful, romantic, relaxing getaway that my husband and I enjoyed and would recommend to everybody, so they can experience this fabulous getaway like no other. The studios have everything a couple needs including a fantastic scenery that you could only imagine seeing on a post card. Lets not forget the fantastic owners of Azjure, their hospitality was five stare. We felt very welcomed and overall they were nice and friendly and we would defiantly come back again to see them.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2009

Azjure, was perfect as soon as we set foot on the property, the hosts were friendly, warm and had a great knowledge of the area. The spa studios were beyond our imagination they were impeccable! Beautifully appointed - nothing overlooked! Music, amibience and decor just devine. You felt like you were walking into another world. The photos do not do it justice, the views are amazing! My husband inparticular loved the coffee machine - such a treat.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Gold Coast
Reviewed 21 April 2009

You know what it's like today's life style is constantly keeping you busy. So when I pick a hotel to spend some of my infrequent holiday time. I spend hours researching, reading reviews/write ups and scanning websites pictures. Because with such limited "getaway'" time who wants to be staying at a second rate or as I like to call them "yesterday's hero" Hotel/Resort.

My Azjure experience was simply superb. We were greeted with open arms on arrival by our hosts Cathryn and Ross and made to feel extremely welcome from the get go.

Ross quickly pointed out the local attractions that were worth a visit and even suggested certain wineries that were more suited to the style of wine we both enjoy I really thought this was a nice touch.

On arrival to our room we were blown away at our exquisite studio apartment. They are stunning and the view is awesome too. Not to mention the welcome gifts waiting for us there too.

Obviously someone in this family is a clean freaky and a perfectionist like me because to say the studio was clean and tidy is an understatement. There was not a thing out of place.

Ross informed me that the studio's are two years old bit they look brand new not a sign of wear on anything. And they have not skimped on the fittings and fixtures either. The studio was equipped with the latest audio visual equipment and the automatic coffee machine made the most divine coffee I have every had from a home machine.... The studio was very modern and 5 star in every detail.( the linen was great too)

We visited plenty of local wineries. The highlight for us was sitting on our own personal deck in the afternoon watching the local Kangaroos feeding right in front of us as the sun went down over the Mountains and sky filled with more stars than I have ever see in my life.

There are so many places to visit in this world and I always vow never to return to the same place twice but I'll go back here to Azjure for sure......

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Morgan B
Queensland
Reviewed 13 April 2008

My partner and I were looking for a romantic weekend getaway and I found this gorgeous little hideaway on the internet. The studios were as fabulous as the pictures on the net implied and every luxury and convenience was provided. There are only 3 studios on the property, so we felt really secluded and private.

We loved the electric BBQ and cooking our own dinner on the Saturday evening, whilst watching the most glorious sunset, was a huge highlight of the weekend.

Probably our most favourite memory will be the candlelight spa overlooking the moutains and sipping our wine in this glorious hot tub.

We loved this property and we would recommend it to anyone wanting a romantic weekend (or week) away. There's so much to do in the area and our hosts, Cathryn and Ross had so much knowledge and advice on what to do.

• Liked — Every luxury and convenience was provided
  • Disliked — Rooms weren't serviced daily
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballandean
Alure Stanthorpe
#1 of 10 in Stanthorpe
Cypress Ridge Cottages
Cypress Ridge Cottages
#2 of 8 in Ballandean

Been to Azjure Studio Retreat? Share your experiences!