“Great Time”
Review of Hanmer Horses - CLOSED

Hanmer Horses
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanmer Horses is one of the oldest riding stables on the South Island. We pride ourselves with the quality of our horses and our ability to make your ride exceptional. We can cater for the youngest toddler to very experienced riders. With over 30 horses to choose from we can select the best one for your abiluty and expectations, so please come and ride the dream!
Scotland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our trek with Clair. She was a lovely, friendly girl who made it very special. The horses were well-behaved and not at all scary and the scenery from the top of the hill was breath-taking.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Margaret13Scotland

New Zealand
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great horses”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I had fun and my horse "Kev" (short for Kevlar) yawned when I finally got off.

1 Thank mitchellgk
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1.5 Hour horse trek”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Taking a ride up into the hills / mountains around the local area was fantastic, through streams, steep climbs fabulous views and well behaved horses. very relaxed team.

Visited January 2012
SV Imagine
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So Good We Came Back Twice!”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I booked a ride for my 9 year old daughter and went along with her. The trek was one of the beste we've been on with varied scenery and a range of paths, tracks, open fields, etc. We could even pick wild cherries from the trees while we rode.
Back at the stables my daughter was allowed to help the stable girls and really felt like part of the team. So much so that when we got back to the motel she shared the experience with her sister and the following day I took them both out for a ride. Poor weather delayed our camping trip and we stayed in Hanmer a few extra days and the kids were all over me to take the riding again! We really had the best time - I'd recommend Hanmer Horses to riders (or would be riders) of any ability. They had a good selection of horses and the owner really made the effort to match up riders to ability.

Visited January 2012
Hamilton, Canada
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“fantastic”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We had a wonderful ride with Hanmer Horses with Melissa as our guide. The horses were gentle and it was a real pleasure riding in the hills among the sheep. The other farm animals--dogs, Maine Coon "Alaska" and pet lambs--were a delight to interact with and we were warmly welcomed and made to feel comfortable. A well-run establishment and highly recommended.

Visited November 2011