“Popular Café” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Powerhouse Cafe

Powerhouse Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, European, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Popular Café”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

The coffee here is very good. Some in our party had muffins which they enjoyed. The place was full on a public holiday. The staff were friendly and service quick.

• Visited April 2014

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“This highland fling wasn't my thing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Made a booking and then arrived to some pretty abrupt and vacant staff. Ordered the highland fling essentially porridge with whiskey liquour on top but without the whiskey due to being pregnant. And my husband had the eggs benedict. The highland fling came out dozed in liquor so I asked the waitress can you confirm that this isnt the liquor on top. She said no its not I explained that I think it is because I can smell it then after arguing with me she finally took it away and replaced with a fresh batch. My husbands eggs benedict went cold and mushy in this time. It wasn't a great experience for anyone! It was over crowded and a lot of people were complaining. Definately wouldnt go back!

Northam, Australia
“Had Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My partner and I had brunch here and were greeted by a rather abrupt female waiter. I don't expect serving staff to bow and scrape but surely a smile and being polite isn't a big ask? I noted a group of men at an adjacent table commented on her attitude too. I ordered eggs benedict and scrambled eggs on toast for my partner, with two cappuccinos in mugs. The meals were ok if a little pricey for what they were. The coffees were over half full of foam. Judging by how busy they were, I would say this cafe is popular with tourists, if not locals. I couldn't recommend it based on my experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“High country heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Ordered the High Country Breakfast, and was not disappointed. Stacks of bacon, well seasoned scrambled eggs, a pork and beef patty and the most delicious whipped potatoes. Well priced for the amount of food on the plate and washed down with a good sized coffee. The place was very busy and turning people away, so make a reservation if you can. Will definitely be back.

Visited March 2014
Harrison Hot Springs
“Tasty gluten free food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

fresh salad, perfectly cooked salmon, huge delicious beef burger with lots of vegetables piled on, roasted potato chunks, great pesto, hummus and relishes, delicious baked goods that are gluten free

Visited March 2014