“Can't get enough”

Coriander's
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Auckland, New Zealand
“Can't get enough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went out to Hanmer Springs for a couple's retreat.
It is such a beautiful place to relax in quiet moment as we chose after school holiday has finished.
We decided to have Indian food to celebrate the momento; as it's been quite awhile since last time we had it back in Australia.
I asked my husband to try Coriander as probably I just followed my intuition for being a coriander lover.
We ordered the entree/starter; special Chicken Tikka served with Raita & we regretted only ordered one for sharing. Delicious crunchy Poppadom were inclusive the minute we sat at the restaurant. It was yummy!
Main menu for me was Chicken Jalfrezee as I requested to be very hot; I've got what I wanted. So delicious with great mixture of ingredients composition. The texture was just perfect to my taste. Chicken was very nicely mixed & cooked.
My husband ordered Meat Saag; he was just speechless & really enjoyed the meal. On the counter when we paid the bill, aniseed lollies is served to neutralize strong flavor meals - it's not included for take aways.
Garlic naan bread are so authentic & so lovely. Nothing to complain!
In general, we could only ordered (again) the next night of our last night was Saturday; we didn't make a booking so we couldn't get available seat, but we still managed ordering exactly the same order only we made it double for the entree:D

Nelson, New Zealand
“Sensational Indian Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Three adults and a four year old in our group all enjoyed a great meal. We each had a different main dish, and the sides platter of chutneys and raita which we shared. No shortage of rice to soak up what were very tasty, and generous portions.

The variety of naan breads was a nice surprise and we got two different types which we all enjoyed.

We would have preferred to be able to order a half portion dish for a four year old but this was minor and doesn't deter us from returning when next in Hanmer Springs. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2014
Knebworth, United Kingdom
“Good food but quite pricey.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The heading says it all really. The food (we had Murg Akbari and Goan Fish Malabari) was good and quite different from that in many other Indian restaurants, especially those in the UK where we live. The prices though were a little high for what we got.

• Visited April 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“A bit watery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I chicken briyani that I ordered is pinkish, and a bit watery. Unlike the briyani that I used to have in Wellington, it lacks of spices. It seemed like it has been westernised to suit kiwis taste buds.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank CSGoh
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Very Disappointing!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had dinner there in a Monday evening spending a day trip in Hanmer from Christchurch. First of all, restaurant staff brought the starter and my partner's main at the same time, which was very unprofessional I first thought, then l later learned waiter messed up our order by not taking my order down. While we were having the tandoori chicken, my partner noticed chicken was undercooked as we saw blood coming out the bone in the drum stick, we notified the staff, he then took the piece my partner had to the kitchen, and brought out a new piece later on and told us it wasn't blood, but the red sauce that looks like blood, so nothing to worry about. As we've been to quite a few Indian restaurants in Christchurch and tandoori chicken has always been the course we order, and nothing like what we had in this place; when we almost finished the chicken and my partner's main, my main still hadn't been brought to the table yet, so I checked with the staff, he then told us the staff who served us before was new and didn't take that order for my main. All they did was blaming the staff for the mistake he made, but didn't hold account for.

We thought this is newly established Indian restaurant, that has had advertisement in Christchurch from time to time, was worth trying out, but apparently made mistake; had really bad experience, will never come back to this on, certainly not any of his other restaurants in Christchurch or elsewhere.

• Visited July 2014