“Drinks before Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monteiths Brewery Bar Hanmer Springs

Monteiths Brewery Bar Hanmer Springs
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, New Zealand
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Timaru, New Zealand
“Drinks before Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great atmosphere and service. We had drinks and fries on the couch and couldn't have been happier. Prices are reasonable.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Came here after looking at nearly all the restaurants in towns menus and not being allowed into Speight's because we were under 18 without an adult. Very busy when arrived but a table was just being cleared for us, got stopped again and were asked for ID which we just said all we want to do is eat and to our surprise a lovely guy let us in. Got drinks (r/c) and order taken not long after. 2 got steaks (flintstone and eye fillet) other kids kebabs not so hungry. We changed our orders a bit one wanted mash and no sauce and I simply wanted her sauce put on my steak. Waitress seemed a bit grumpy and unhappy with the changes. 30 minute wait for our meals but it was worth it ! Chef had obviously taken in our requested and I got an amazing red current jus on my steak (flintstone)and it was cooked beautifully medium. My friend really enjoyed her eye fillet aswell. As for my friend with the kids kebabs, she ate the chips but the kebabs were just plain chicken on a stick. So mains meals were all good, only let down after this was our steaks weren't checked and being a waitress myself I know this should have been done especially when we had two steaks at our table. Reasonable price. Was quite loud in the restaurant but still enjoyed ourselves. Would definitely go back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

The restaurant is really nice to look at, it was very busy and the staff seemed a bit clueless and disorganised. when we eventually got our table the service was ok ish but the food was below what i'd expected i.e. overcooked, luke warm not very tasty at all. quite expensive to. Having read the reat of the reviews on here it would seem I caught them on a bad night... but first impressions last! I won't be returning to this chain of restaurants

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Granville, Ohio
“Cozy environment and a good value for your money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was very pleased with my experience here. A group of friends and I chose to stop in for dinner. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. They were able to answer any questions that we had, and our food came the way we ordered it in a reasonable amount of time. The food wasn't anything outstanding, but you definitely got a good meal and a large portion at a good price. They have a bar, but they also were very kid friendly--they had a decent kid's menu and an area with a television playing movies. I would highly recommend for any occasion: meals, drinks, coffees, desserts.

• Visited May 2014
Petrolia, Canada
“Good food, when we finally got it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hmmm. Friday night, tourist town, packed restaurant....perhaps maybe adequate staff would have been a consideration. I had the chops with crackle. What a treat, sadly crackle was more like a salt lick. Rest of meal was fine, spouse had venison with noodles, thought the noodles would have been hot. Decent meal, but funny combination. Over priced dessert, too large of a portion, also had to wait a long time. We thought the hour plus wait for dinner was bad until we spoke to the family beside us who had waited nearly two. I would pass on this place next time.

Visited May 2014