“Alternative to a generic spa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain View Massage & Wellness Retreat

Mountain View Massage & Wellness Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: At Mountain View Massage we aim to fuse the best of Pampering Bliss Experience with Holistic Care individual service. We run a homely Day Spa relaxing environment in the beautiful wellness village of Hanmer Springs. In Jan 2015 we relocated to the beautiful premises launched as Vibrant Living Retreat (Previously known as Albergo Lodge B&B & Villa) which is located 88 Rippingale Rd. This is a 15-20 min walk from the hot pools or 5 min drive. We are right next door to Hanmer Springs only Animal Park which also has a great cafe. We recommend that our Day Spa clients take a dip in Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools pre-treatments if this is possible for maximum lasting benefit and value. We also run a wide range of great Wellness Retreats, Detox Retreats and Soulful Women's retreats from the beautiful and peaceful location of Vibrant Living Retreat. You might like to try out our weekly Yoga Classes or have your own private class with our qualified instructor followed by a massage. We offer Spa Escape Packages, Girls Escape Packages and longer pampering packages. The sky is definitely not the limit here ! A place where magic happens ...
Rushden, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Alternative to a generic spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I booked in my husband and myself for a massage with Mary Jo as from looking on her website she would listen to what we needed and wanted and we were not disappointed!!! We both thoroughly enjoyed our massages my husband had a Thai and I had the trigger point, I'm a firm believer of No pain no gain and Mary Jo really delivered this for us!!! Her massages were fluid and she found your problem areas straight away. Mary Jo made you feel welcome and comfortable and most importantly relaxed.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank steff H
maryjo2015, Owner at Mountain View Massage & Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, 3 April 2015
HI Steff, Apology for my late response to your review. Thank you for your review. I am delighted you and your husband both enjoyed your different massage treatments with me personally. Only one point to clarity however. My motto is to actually bust the myth of No pain no Gain. I believe that a massage treatment does not need to be painful to be beneficial, however there is the sweet pain of releasing the tension spots. I call this the pain with the sugar on top, the pain or discomfort that actually feels good and deeply releasing especially when the deep breath awareness is encouraged. My intention is always to work with the breathing rhythms of my clients in a way that honours the body intelligence, by letting it know that it is safe to release the help tensions, tightness, aches etc
Sorry I had to clarity this point as it is near and dear to my heart and how I actually orientate to my massage treatments and clients, personalising each one uniquely. I hope that adds greater insights and clarity that is inspiring. Thanks again for your review. Sweet Pain / Pleasure Blessings ~ Smiles Mary jo

95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Great massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had a 90 minute massage which was excellent. Mountain View is in part of a house on the outskirts of Hanmer not far from the golf course. The rooms are converted house rooms but this didnt bother me as once your on the massage table all thoughts quickly disappear - lol. Definately great value and a great massage.

If you want a more 'clinical' environment then go to the pools for a massage.

Visited September 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Mountain view massage”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I booked a 2 hour treatment for my 40th birthday for a treat and boy was I disappointed. I was not greeted, was called the wrong name, they didn't know what treatment I was there for, they didn't even read my the medical details form (about allergies to skin products, medications, injuries etc) and the treating therapist was not the anticipated therapist. It was not nurturing, it was not blissful and was a complete waste of my time and money. I felt like I was at a massage factory in an overpriced resort town. I wish I had followed my intuition and got up and left at the beginning. I contacted the business after my experience to let them know how it was but they never got back to me which was rather surprising. If you chooses to go here, ensure you have very low expectations and then maybe you will enjoy it.

Visited August 2013
6 Thank AnnaSmiley
Hellevoetsluis, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great massage and personal attention.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Went for a sports massage incl pressure point treatment. It was a long time ago I had good massage like this and time a care was taken in the treatment. Didnt really need to tell the problem areas because they where found without telling. Worth every penny.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

My partner and I have been many times to mountain view for a massage and will continue. Mary-Jo runs a professional and relaxing business from her home. The room is always clean, warm and peaceful. We have often had a couples massage and I thoroughly recommend it. I have had many massages and I would rate this place one of the best.

Visited November 2012