“Good bite to eat ”

Price range: US$9 - US$16
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Been here quiet a few times , really nice food and drinks options nice seating which is great for a small place feels very open outside is very nice aswell staff are friendly enough only bad thing is that it isnt table service so u hav to go up and order even when you are in fpr lunch with a big group

1  Thank Cinta011
There are newer reviews for Rustic Cafe and Tapa's

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Where do I start, every where I go I have pancakes, these were the best I have had! Usually I dont like the cooked banana, but this was cooked to almost caramelised, it was delicious!
Lovely fluffy pancakes with a fresh fruit salad on the side and beautiful bacon. I did wonder about the ice cream and think maybe whipped cream maybe better in the winter months. Along with this I had a hot Chocolate and a Berry smoothie, Smoothie i find, seem to be very hard to get right, I have only ever found one other like this one, down in Tekapo, at the pools. However last time I was there it wasn't on the menu! The Berry Smoothie was perfect! not too thick, not too thin.
I loved my breakfast both days so much, that I have conned my husband into going back this weekend, so he can try it! lucky we only live an hour away!! Well done Rustic, see you in the morning!!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Can highly recommend this place for breakfast. The place next door was really busy so we thought we'd try Rustic Cafe - best move! Fanstic service. Can recommend the full cooked breakfast and the yummy pancakes with bacon and banana. Coffee was very good too - and we are very picky about that! Thanks

Reviewed 1 June 2014

After a session in the hot pools, tummy was yelling, food, drink, heat, please. This little charmer, not flash, but had the basics right, fitted the bill. For informal or a nibble not a flash meal. The menu both on the meals and tapas had variety even down to devils on horseback, not often seen. The tapas came with a little greens and you could add more if desired. Good service, and over all very good. Excellent service, helpful staff.

A really nice touch was the slices on all meals of melon, graprefruit or rock melon etc usually more than one on each meal or tapas plate. Meant you had a nice natural sweet finish on the palate at the end of eating, again an original touch that many more places should copy.

1  Thank tripadviserhappy
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Excellent value for money.Tapas are great for a large group. Save room for the desserts.they are huge and delicious

1  Thank Liz F