“Very busy but still good”

Rustic Cafe and Tapa's
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Very busy but still good”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We went for breakfast on a fine Sunday morning and Hanmer was heaving with people. There was a queue but then there was one anywhere else decent too so we joined it. Obviously a popular place as the queue just got bigger after we ordered.

Breakfast was along time coming and the coffee only just beat it. Breakfast was excellent and so was the coffee. Good quality bacon (barely any fat) plenty of mushrooms and a couple of undercooked tomatoes with hash browns and sausages which were edible. One fault - the fried eggs were overcooked, with solid yolk and the underside crisped. I'd ;ike to give them another go when they are not quite so busy.

Visited August 2014

“Value for money”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I had the spaghetti bolognaise takeaway and it was very nice. I didn't have to wait too long and it was a very big serving. Pasta was cooked well. Thank you.

Rangiora, New Zealand
“Surprisingly excellent?,”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Rustic is pretty unassuming from the outside - tucked in amongst coffee shops and fish n chips - but WOW!!
We had tapas - we selected three of their $10 range, chicken satay skewers, chilli garlic mushrooms and devils on horseback. This was served on a platter with lots of fruit and sauces - beautiful and tasty and reasonably priced!
They serve great coffee too....

• Visited August 2014
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Great Value”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Always a queue when I go here. The service is great and portions are LARGE. Great value especially for teenagers or backpackers. And if it is still on their menu try their peppermint cheesecake - YUM!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sue19692014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Nice brunch”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Spending a beautiful moment at Hanmer Springs; my husband and I decided not to stay in the hotel to order breakfast.
After wondering around; we found a place was quieter compare to the other as my preference was to sit inside.
I ordered Cappuccino and as usual order Long Black for my husband.
His preference for brunch is big brekky meal and he said it was all right. I ordered Egg Benedict served with special Italian bread & cucumber fetta cheese.
We liked the ambiance and service was good provided by the efficient staff.