The hotel chain may be brilliant, as it was in Queenstown, but they are definitely no good with bungalows in Hanmer Springs. It was charged like a high-quality room in the hotel, but it was tiny, the sofa bed was never folded up and made the entrance to the room awkward and uncomfortable. There was very little space to put your luggage away or organize your clothes in any possible way. We were told we would get a newspaper every day, but we got one only one day out of the 4 days. The reception officer was o.k. at best. The whole experience felt like being outcasts. Not good. And as if things could not get any worse, we had a small girl crying loud all night and it felt like there was no door in between. I would recommend not to take a bungalow. Could not say about the rest of the hotel, which looked nice, but I could not experience it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 90 minutes from Christchurch, Hanmer Springs is the perfect place to escape the pressure of the city and relax in the natural beauty of the Southern Alps. The Heritage Hanmer Springs is a landmark hotel in the heart of Hanmer Springs Village, just a short stroll from the shops and the famous Thermal Pools. Nestled in 9 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens, the historic Hanmer Lodge building offers the perfect retreat from the stress of modern life. Relax and enjoy the peaceful outdoor setting that the hotel provides, including our tennis court and outdoor swimming pool (seasonal). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Hotelopia so you can book your Heritage Hanmer Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Hanmer Springs Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Hanmer Springs Heritage
- Heritage Hotel Hanmer Springs