This hotel is a beautiful part of the world . We had a corner deluxe room, very spacious but only a double bed. And pine side tables, coffee and reading table clashed with the character of the room ie large wing back arm chairs. Some of the curtains in the room were very dirty. For the fees charged room should have been exquisite . Bathroom excellent.
Restaurant had lovely atmosphere with quality food. Meat was not cooked as requested. wifi only available in lobby. No lift due to heritage rules, so travel light.
Unfortunately this should be a great facility, but missed the mark. We were quite disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 90 minutes from Christchurch, Hanmer Springs is the perfect place to escape the pressure of the city and relax in the natural beauty of the Southern Alps. The Heritage Hanmer Springs is a landmark hotel in the heart of Hanmer Springs Village, just a short stroll from the shops and the famous Thermal Pools. Nestled in 9 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens, the historic Hanmer Lodge building offers the perfect retreat from the stress of modern life. Relax and enjoy the peaceful outdoor setting that the hotel provides, including our tennis court and outdoor swimming pool (seasonal). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Heritage Hanmer Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Hanmer Springs Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Hanmer Springs Heritage
- Heritage Hotel Hanmer Springs