Stayed here for a weekend in November 2012. I had a lovely little room/cabin in the gardens set back on the grounds. Rooms nicely appointed with good space to move and clean and tidy bathroom with lovely toiletries to use. Bath as well as shower
Setting is peaceful and grounds have tennis court and pool. Restaurant was good and very nice breakfast available. Many other eateries in easy walking distance.
Hot pools are also very easy walk away so over all its a great location. Service good, rooms are a high standard. My only suggestion to the hotel is that the foyer really lets it down. The entrance and drive up are lovely but the foyer itself seems really stark and lacking any real 'welcoming feel' to it. Lets the whole place down as it really is the first impression once you are in the door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 90 minutes from Christchurch, Hanmer Springs is the perfect place to escape the pressure of the city and relax in the natural beauty of the Southern Alps. The Heritage Hanmer Springs is a landmark hotel in the heart of Hanmer Springs Village, just a short stroll from the shops and the famous Thermal Pools. Nestled in 9 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens, the historic Hanmer Lodge building offers the perfect retreat from the stress of modern life. Relax and enjoy the peaceful outdoor setting that the hotel provides, including our tennis court and outdoor swimming pool (seasonal). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Heritage Hanmer Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Hanmer Springs Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Hanmer Springs Heritage
- Heritage Hotel Hanmer Springs