This hotel is in the historic Hanmer Lodge building which has been restored and is surrounded by nicely kept landscaped gardens. Being just 90 minutes from Christchurch, it is a good place to stay if you want to experience the beautiful Southern Alps and it is located in the centre of town, near to all of the region’s natural wonders, including the famous hot springs themselves.
The rooms are adequately kitted out with good sized, comfortable beds and ensuite facilities. The restaurant is slightly old-fashioned but suits the era of the original building. There are also self-catering cottages in the grounds.
Food is average and quite expensive, there are better value-eateries in the village. Staff are attentive but many of them are from Eastern Europe so communication can sometimes be challenging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 90 minutes from Christchurch, Hanmer Springs is the perfect place to escape the pressure of the city and relax in the natural beauty of the Southern Alps. The Heritage Hanmer Springs is a landmark hotel in the heart of Hanmer Springs Village, just a short stroll from the shops and the famous Thermal Pools. Nestled in 9 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens, the historic Hanmer Lodge building offers the perfect retreat from the stress of modern life. Relax and enjoy the peaceful outdoor setting that the hotel provides, including our tennis court and outdoor swimming pool (seasonal). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Heritage Hanmer Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Hanmer Springs Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Hanmer Springs Heritage
- Heritage Hotel Hanmer Springs