This is an older style hotel that has been sympathetically renovated. The rooms are smallish but our bathroom was generously sized with a full bath and plenty of space. In the room there is a lack of bag space and benches to put things on but the bed was very comfortable and good TV positioning for viewing. The hotel is well located in the middle of Hanmer Springs with an easy walk to shops and the hot springs. Our breakfast was included and was buffet style with a good choice in an interesting historic dining room. Staff were efficient without being anything special. We ate dinner at a local pub which we would recommend, as the hotel dining prices were too high for us. The Heritage is a good choice for hotel accommodation in Hanmer Springs and on our experience, you are unlikely to be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 90 minutes from Christchurch, Hanmer Springs is the perfect place to escape the pressure of the city and relax in the natural beauty of the Southern Alps. The Heritage Hanmer Springs is a landmark hotel in the heart of Hanmer Springs Village, just a short stroll from the shops and the famous Thermal Pools. Nestled in 9 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens, the historic Hanmer Lodge building offers the perfect retreat from the stress of modern life. Relax and enjoy the peaceful outdoor setting that the hotel provides, including our tennis court and outdoor swimming pool (seasonal). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Heritage Hanmer Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Hanmer Springs Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Hanmer Springs Heritage
- Heritage Hotel Hanmer Springs