We are a big fan of Heritage Hotels and chose to stay in three different properties when we visited New Zealand's South Island. The Heritage Hanmer Springs lived up to expectations. The hotel building and grounds are lovely but we chose to stay in a three bedroom villa overlooking a large pond with wonderful views of the surrounding countryside. The hotel was very popular and the restaurant was sadly fully booked so we went into the town for our evening meal. The Heritage is really more of a resort than a hotel. It has an outdoor pool, tennis court and extensive grounds to explore. Our villa was lovely and we enjoyed curling up in the lounge area to watch a DVD after dinner. There were only two of us staying in the villa and we chose to use a bedroom downstairs rather than the upstairs master bedroom (bathroom facilities are downstairs). A very relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 90 minutes from Christchurch, Hanmer Springs is the perfect place to escape the pressure of the city and relax in the natural beauty of the Southern Alps. The Heritage Hanmer Springs is a landmark hotel in the heart of Hanmer Springs Village, just a short stroll from the shops and the famous Thermal Pools. Nestled in 9 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens, the historic Hanmer Lodge building offers the perfect retreat from the stress of modern life. Relax and enjoy the peaceful outdoor setting that the hotel provides, including our tennis court and outdoor swimming pool (seasonal). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Heritage Hanmer Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Hanmer Springs Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Hanmer Springs Heritage
- Heritage Hotel Hanmer Springs