Superb location, right smack in the middle of everything - park you car outside in the impressive open span car park then leave it there as most of the immediate attractions - shops, booking agents, restaurants, activities & even the Hot Pools are all within 2-3mins walk. They've done well to refurbish this old Institution but it does fall a little short of it's 'Boutique' status. I found the room to be very basic (223) 2 queen sized beds up against the wall, a make shift closet & cabinet to house the basic necessities - kettle, glasses, cups, robes, ironing board & spare blankets. Then the bathroom... all white, floor to ceiling + fixtures - too clinical/cold & hospital like for my taste. The walls seemed paper thin, you could hear everyone's conversations as they walked past to their rooms & unruly children running up & down the halls yelling & laughing was a real intrusion over top of the TV or our own conversation. This sized room would better suit having only the 1 bed in it off the main wall with maybe a desk or small seating area with a table for reading or in room dining. We had 3 people in this room so with only 1 seat & a small coffee table we had to consume room service on the beds & also lay about or sit on the beds for TV watching & generally hanging out. I am trying hard not to be too critical BUT it is 'The Heritage' so forgive me for having too high an expectation! On the upside - the staff were wonderful, friendly & helpful. All meals were delicious & the overall appearance & cleanliness of the entire complex was 2nd to none. We would stay here again but next time try a different room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 90 minutes from Christchurch, Hanmer Springs is the perfect place to escape the pressure of the city and relax in the natural beauty of the Southern Alps. The Heritage Hanmer Springs is a landmark hotel in the heart of Hanmer Springs Village, just a short stroll from the shops and the famous Thermal Pools. Nestled in 9 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens, the historic Hanmer Lodge building offers the perfect retreat from the stress of modern life. Relax and enjoy the peaceful outdoor setting that the hotel provides, including our tennis court and outdoor swimming pool (seasonal). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Heritage Hanmer Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Hanmer Springs Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Hanmer Springs Heritage
- Heritage Hotel Hanmer Springs