Stayed here in February '05 for a night. The garden room was fine - nothing exciting, but fairly nice for the money. The hotel messed up our reservation - we had a printout showing which package we booked from their web site, but they had changed us to another plan for some reason. The hotel is located in a great location and is in the middle of what little there is to do in Hanmer.
The breakfast buffet is terrible - even worse than most of the other mediocre hotel buffets around the South Island. Would suggest not booking a package including the buffet - there looked to be better places just a short walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 90 minutes from Christchurch, Hanmer Springs is the perfect place to escape the pressure of the city and relax in the natural beauty of the Southern Alps. The Heritage Hanmer Springs is a landmark hotel in the heart of Hanmer Springs Village, just a short stroll from the shops and the famous Thermal Pools. Nestled in 9 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens, the historic Hanmer Lodge building offers the perfect retreat from the stress of modern life. Relax and enjoy the peaceful outdoor setting that the hotel provides, including our tennis court and outdoor swimming pool (seasonal). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Heritage Hanmer Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Hanmer Springs Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Hanmer Springs Heritage
- Heritage Hotel Hanmer Springs