“The Complete Package!”

No.31 Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The former "Laurels" Restaurant re-opened its doors in May 2012, as "No.31 Restaurant & Bar", an A la Carte Restaurant specializing in modern European/New Zealand Cuisine. The restaurant is set in a quaint character cottage on the main street of Hanmer Springs. French doors open out to a lovely courtyard for alfresco dining and an outside bar leaner for pre-dinner drinks/cocktails in the warmer months. Inside the restaurant it is very homely, with an open fire, wooden floors and candle-lit tables. Award winning chef/owner, Michael van de Wiel ( previous chef/owner at "The Old Post Office Restaurant", Hanmer Springs, for 12 years). Fully Licensed and NOT BYO. Reservations Recommended.
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We had not booked well enough in advance so had to opt for an early dining time of 5.30pm in order to dine here on a Saturday night - we are so pleased we did! The service was friendly, the surroundings stylishly comfortable and the food was fantastic. Would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone looking for a quality meal in Hanmer - just make sure you book in advance!!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

It is not hard to see why this restaurant was no. 1 on trip Advisor. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. The setting was lovely and it was very cosy by the fire. A great place for a special night out.

1  Thank Diane J
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We went with our young baby and I was worried about him being noisy so we went early. The staff were great and we ordered straight away and had our drinks and food in about 10 minutes, which was fantastic, as was the food. My steak was big and perfect I really enjoyed it. My wife loved her meal too, but the best thing was the turnaround time without any loss of quality.

1  Thank Belmo46
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a MUST for anyone visiting Hanmer Springs. Reservations essentials as so many people are hearing about Café 31.
Everything Outstanding, from Location, Setting,Food, Winelist, Staff, Price and Customer Satisfaction. We had a perfect evening .
Highly recommend the Lamb and the Pinotage.

Unfortunately only made it once, be will definitely return as first opportunity.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My friend and I enjoyed our meal here so much that I have already made a booking for my 20th wedding anniversary later in the year.
The hare back steak was superbly presented and tasted delicious.The mains were very generous servings ,my merino lamb rack was great.