“Great challenge!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanmer Springs Adventure Centre

Hanmer Springs Adventure Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are an adventure tourism company specializing in Quad bike tours, clay bird shooting, archery and also rent/ service mountain bikes. We also have a wide range of outdoor equipment that changes with the seasons.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great challenge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I went on the quad bike tour for the first time in April 2014. I've never done quadbiking before and I have to say that the guide helped me to be confident by giving me advice on how to ride and by encouraging me. I had such a good time that I went back a month later for another 2 1/2 hour tour! I recommand it to everybody, if I can do it, you can too :-)

Visited April 2014
Hanmer_Adventure, Manager at Hanmer Springs Adventure Centre, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for your review, it is great to hear you had such a good time and to see you come back, we are pleased to give you a 10% off for your returned trip as for all our customers.

Hanmer Springs, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best quad biking in New Zealand!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

A must if you are in Hanmer springs! We had a great time, they drove us out to their purpose built tracks through the hills and rivers, we had a safety talk and had an excellent test track so we could get use to the bikes. From there we went through the trees, water crossings and up hills, it was great because they were able to cater the tour to our ability, so as we started off slow we actually got to go up some really cool hills and have an awesome view of the the Hanmer valley! Great fun, do it!

Visited February 2014
Thank you for your review, there is nothing better than to have someone enjoy our tour so much that they would stay and work with us, welcome aboard our team Andrew.
“From an NZ residents perspective”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My brother and dad went out quad biking with these guys for the 2 and a half hour trip and it was pretty fun overall. However, the 2 and a half hours only turned out to be an hour and a half of actual quad biking so at $149ea it was pretty pricey. We had a good time and the scenery was nice but overall it wasn't too exciting, maybe our expectations were a little too high. As everyone had to travel in single file you could only go as fast as the person in front of you and it was near impossible to interact with anyone else whilst on the bikes making it pretty unsocial. Would have been a lot more entertaining if everyone had a little bit more freedom and they weren't as uptight. No one was allowed to skid, drift or have too much fun whilst on their bikes and when me and my brother went a bit sideways on some corners we were threatened to be left behind with our bikes shut off and keys taken away. We were warned beforehand, fair enough, but after 40 minutes or so of pretty tame driving we thought we'd try get our moneys worth. Overall I'd give it 3.5/5 with slight disappointments in all areas, mostly due to it being an hour shorter than what we paid for. A good day out, could have been far better.

Visited May 2014
Ross_Carter, Owner at Hanmer Springs Adventure Centre, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
We are sorry to hear that the tour did not live up to your expectations, we have talked to the guide on that day and he agrees that he could have done a lot better. Our customer’s enjoyment is very high on our list of priorities along with safety, therefore we make sure everyone has a great time. We do travel in single file and the reason for this is because the track is narrow and has steeper gradients in places, this is by far the safest and most enjoyable way to ride on our tracks through the mountains. We also do not allow drifts and skids as mentioned at the start of the trip because quad biking has risks and some riders can go beyond their abilities, which is how accidents happen. We have a very good safety record and our visitor’s book tells us that everyone has an enjoyable trip, and loves the scenery.
The tour that day did finish earlier which is against company policy and we have spoken to the guide about this. Our 2.5 hour trip generally has about 2 hours riding time, we apologize for this discrepancy. This is the first time we have had such a complaint, we regret that this has happened and we would like to offer the 3 customers a 50% discount on their next visit. In Hanmer Springs we are regarded as the number 1 quad biking company and our trips are highly recommended and supported by our fellow businesses.
Kind regards,
Ross Carter
( Owner / Manager)
Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Dirty Quad-Biking Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We did a couple of hours quad biking with these guys and it was one of the highlights of our NZ trip. It had been raining the night before so the amount of mud flying everywhere was just great, there are photos of me doing a creek crossing and you can't see me or the bike, there's so much spray! It was fun, fast and the guide was knowledgeable and extremely funny. I would highly recommend doing this, even for novices as they go through training before you go out on the ride. Great views from the top of a nearby mountain and you get a free photo CD of your ride as well.

Visited April 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Quadbiking- This is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

A great experience for a bunch of novices, we got wet and muddy and had faces full of grit and dirt- everything you could ask for.
Some speed, some water, mud, hills and technical areas. This was just great.

Visited February 2014