“Gorgeous little hotel!”

Greenacres Chalets And Apartments
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Hanmer Springs
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Our recent stay at the Greenacres was one of the highlights of our trip to the South Island, whilst our 1 bedroom chalet was not the Ritz, it was warm and comfortable. the ambience of the entire place was really nice and the owners were really accommodating, even taking credit card payment from me to pass on for the massage that they helped me to organise so I would not have to make an additional cash withdrawal and get charged another bank fee. Small things like that make a real difference I think. Our 4 year old loved the playground and just running around on the large lawn in the middle of the chalets whilst we sat at one of the tables/chairs provided reading our books and having a wine, a really nive way to finish our trip to NZ. The one dissapointment was that the onsite spa was not working as we would have loved to use it but all in all a lovely little property.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Greenacres Chalets And Apartments

Reviewed 27 January 2011

We had a great stay at Greenacres and found the staff and owner to be most helpful. Our accommodation was great and the kitchen was fully equiped. The views were outstanding from our 2 bed unit. We enjoyed the attractions that Hamner had to offer and overall enjoyed our visit to Hamner.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2010

My partner and I stayed at this motel for 1 night, around 8.30pm I had a 10 minutes shower, my partner followed soon after and 5 minutes into her shower the water turned cold while she was washing her hair.

The manager told me that 15 minutes shower was too long and the hot water system would take one hour to heat up again. He also told us that the whole complex was full and there was no spare showers available. I then boiled the jug 3 times to help my partner wash her hair, by the time we got into bed at 9.30pm, her body was so cold it wasn't funny.

To top the bad night off, we had to endure 90 minutes of loud base music from next door, all we could hear is duff duff. I didn't trouble the manager again because I have already troubled him once.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Our townhouse was spacious,spotless with amazing vistas from its 2 large balconies.
The short distance from downtown ensured a peaceful nights sleep. A beautiful walk thru conifer and beech forests is a couple minutes from the property with stunning views over the surrounding countryside.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2010

Stayed here for a night in a chalet, the owners were friendly and accomodating. The accomodation was comfortable and warm, the bathroom was old and in need of an update. It had a full kitchen with all the utensils you could need. Wifi internet was good. As was the laundry which we found to be clean. You could not walk to town, well the motel is atop a hill and wouldnt be a comfortable walk back up!

Very good value for money motel.

We found Hanmer springs to be touristy and expensive but I guess since it is a weekend getaway place for the Christchurch locals that is why.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2010

We have been to stay here 3 times now and just love it. Evrery time we have family from the UK we take them here. The setting is just beautiful, on a peaceful site. The accommodation is clean and ideal for families. My kids just love staying here. But one of the things that really makes it are the owners, they are so welcoming, friendly and helpful. We will continue staying here every time we go back to Hanmer Springs.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2009

We underestimated our time in driving up from Dunedin to Hanmer Springs and called the Motel around 5 saying we would not be arriving till 9-9:30 (We arrived around 9) The lady at the desk, don't know if she owned Greenacres Motel or not, was very short and unfriendly and said, "oh, I may be I in bed by then". We asked if she'd let us call a bit before we got there to inform her exactly when we'd be arriving and she reluctantly said she would and that our "townhouse" (which we didn't book) is hard to find. When we got there she was rushed and unhappy and gave us poor directions to our accommodations and unfortunately we couldn't find it in the dark (no lights, no signage, no map). Anyway we finally found it. Her negativity spoiled our experience there. The room was huge, in fact we got two rooms with a livingroom and kitchen. We didn't book that so that was great. The bathroom situation was odd in that it had 3 tiny bathrooms. One with tub and sink, one with a toilet, and one with a shower.
If it weren't for the very unfriendly lady, I might recommend Greeacres Motel but because of her attitude I would definitely NOT recommend it.
The town itself was OK, very touristy and not where I'd go to again. There's so many more beautiful places to go in New Zealand that aren't touristy, why go there.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple