“Below average”

Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
“Below average”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Went there for dinner on Easter Sunday.
Don't bother with this place the staff are rude the food is poor, any suggestions that the food is undercooked is ignored. Don't waste your time or money here.

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Very average...”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I've been to hanmer quite a few times and was looking forward to trying the new Irish bar... Lovely decor,was very impressed...the menu was very basic but thought we'd give it a go anyway!! We had the breads for starter which was real good,although the actual cob loaf that the dip came in was way over done! Me and my partner chose to share as we couldn't decide so got the whole chicken casserole and the lamb shanks,the lamb shanks weren't too bad although I wouldn't order again but the chicken was absolutely foul...so dry that you just couldn't eat it and the sauce (what little sauce there was anyway) was just the same as the sauce with the entree?! My friend also had the half chicken casserole and found this wasn't 'half' it was merely a leg and was also way too dry to even want to eat never mind manage,when we went to pay the $200 bill and were asked how the meal was I said to the small,slim English woman working that in fact it couldn't be eaten as it was so dry to which we got 'oh sorry about that you should have said' I told her we weren't asked how it was but she believes she did when i know for a fact she never...so nothing was done about it! Will not be visiting again,what happened to 'the customers always right'

• Visited April 2014
Port Kennedy WA
“nice wee Irish pub”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We ambled in for a wee drink just as it opened, not sure what time but it was after lunch. It was a quiet day so not much atmosphere. Nice comfortable lounge in front of a log fire with twinkling lights. We did not eat choosing to make haste before a storm hit. I like the decor. Not sure if they had live music but an Irish jig band would bring some atmosphere.

Visited March 2014
“Superb over and above service”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Today my wife and I enjoyed great meal my wife wanted her minute steak a little more cooked staff being very attentive asked her for how she wanted replaced the meal and my wife enjoyed her meal I had a great tasting stout pie all very delicious very pleasurable meal and great pub and restaurant highly recommend

Bargara, Australia
“Good food, simple menu”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The decor is plain and maybe a little dark but still good or one can eat outside. All food is 'Irish' based and if having the chicken casserole only have the half! The lamb shank (again, only have 1) is good and the sausages superb.

Visited March 2014