“New Bar”

Dining options: After-hours
Christchurch, New Zealand
“New Bar”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good service - great idea that they showed league while Monteiths next door showed rugby!
It wasnt as crowded as next door - nice and roomy!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JoWilkinson2013

Country NSW
“Great food and staff”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our family of five had dinner here as it was an easy walk from our accommodation. Friendly staff and generous meals. Fun playing darts or pool!

Visited July 2014
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped by for a couple of drinks with a couple of hours to kill. To have an Irish bar without Guinness is wrong.

Ended up going next door. Better pub, better atmosphere and ironically on the night we went, full of Irish.

Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
“Good atmosphere , nice service and great lamb shanks”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was near where we were staying and on a cold night it was warm and welcoming. Young couple obviously trying to "make a go" of this. Unfortunately when we asked for the dessert menu they had to suggest we go to Monteith's next door. Even some ice cream and berries or something would keep people there. Not a good look to have to send customers to the opposition. We shared the salmon and the lamb shanks which were delicious.

• Visited June 2014
Hamilton, New Zealand
“The worst meal”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We went to o'Flynns after the hot pools. There were 4 of us. After waiting too long we recieved our meals. They didn't look too bad. My husband ordered the stake. There was no way he could cut his meat and when he manage got rip it apart he said he can't eat this. I felt he overreacted until I tried some and as much as I chewed I had to actually remove it from my mouth as it was not only too tough and full of gristle but it tasted terrible. My hot pot was cold in parts and warm in other parts and the meat was tough and not enjoyable. My son in law ordered lamb shanks and said it was not the best but ate most of it. My daughter ordered salmon and loved it. I called the waiter and kindly mentioned my husband was having trouble eating his meat and I tried it and yes it was really inedable. We didn't mention the other meals as we didn't want to make too much of a fuss. Our waiter said he will talk to the chef. He didn't return to us and so I called him over. He said sorry but he spoke to the chef and yes the meat is a bad cut and they said they won't buy there meat from them again and there was nothing they could do about it. That's what you ordered, that's what you got. But we can offer you a free drink if you like. We were disgusted and said no thank you and left. We are being very lenient in our comments. We would not generally do this. First time. And we are not fussy eaters. Just a warning not to waste your money.

• Visited June 2014