Read some reviews of hanmer hotels before my partner and I stayed there. We really wanted to stay in braemar lodge but it was booked out. Hotels are pretty pricey in hanmer so we read reviews of settlers motel and decided to try it. Best decision I ever made! Pretty sure the girl on reception was Tamara and she was so lovely and helpful! She showed us to our room which was warm and smelled lovely when we went inside! Spacious and immaculately clean! Literally every surface was shining! I worked as a housekeeper for a year so my standards are high and this hotel surpassed all my expectations. The rooms have everything you could need and the spa bath was amazing. Hugh collection of DVDs in reception too which is such a nice touch. They even had towels we could take to the hot pools. By far the nicest hotel I have stayed while I've been in New Zealand (including a couple of 5 star resorts) and I wouldn't even consider another hotel to stay in in hanmer. I can't believe it was only $175!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SETTLERS MOTEL is a 5 star boutique motel carefully designed for your comfort and privacy. With relaxing decor and quality fittings you can be assured of a totally rejuvenating holiday, short break or romantic weekend away in superb accommodation which has that special touch. We are situated just 60 metres from Amuri Avenue in lovely tranquil surroundings with no street or traffic noise. We are a Qualmark 5 Star rated motel - Self Contained and Serviced - "Exceptional, among the best available in New Zealand." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Settlers Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Settlers Hotel Hanmer Springs
- Settlers Motel Hanmer Springs