“take time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Garden House Cafe - CLOSED

The Garden House Cafe
Cuisines: Fast food, Cafe, International, American, Pizza, New Zealand
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Relax in peaceful natural surroundings within the Thermal Pools. The Garden House Cafe exclusive views over the picturesque thermal pools complex coupled with its excellent menu and friendly staff creates a unique and enjoyable dining experience. Join us for a relaxed lunch before or after your soak in the hot pools and choose from a wide range of cafe foods from our blackboard menu. We are fully licensed but also have a wide range of non-alcoholic beverages including excellent espresso coffee.
Bowral, Australia
“take time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Had burgers after a swim. Took forever to arrive and were quite pricey..............lucky we were chilled out after a soak

Visited October 2011

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Terrible worst part of our anniveray trip to Hanmer Springs.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

My husband and I went for our anniversary to Hanmer Spings and this was the worst part of our anniversary for the both of us. My husband who absouletly loves all food even found it horrible. He ordered a burger which was very dry and blend, and after an 30min wait was really not worth it. The only reason we picked this place to eat was the location, seeing as we were already tthere for the hot pools and because of being gluten intolerant as they gluten free burger on the menu. Which aafter an 40mins wait for the food the waiter brought a vegetarian burger of which of course they took back to make me the correct Gluten free burger, by time it came out my husband that almost finished his burger. My gluten free burger was just tragic, not only because of the crumpling gluten free bread,(which can be forgiven for since its hard to find good gluten free bread) but because the meat was soooooo over cooked it was hard to chew and only had like few small bites in order not to go hungry. The burgers came with side of fries which were bad, and fries is one of my favourite foods so thats saying something. The ketchup up bottles were almost all empty so could't even add hardly any sauce to cover up the bland flavour. Definetly recommend people don't order food especially since its not value for money as it cost's us $35 for two very bad burgers. What even made it super worse was that my husband's burger had a extra suprise of somebody's hair in it, disgusting. We didn't take it back because no way would we want anything that bad ever again. Shame really as we were so excited to eat there initally since gluten free on menu but just ended up being worse than a greek tradegy. Good luck to all who are brave enough to order from this place.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Big portions and the only place open for lunch at 2pm!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

Good food, generous portions.

There was nowhere else to eat at 2pm, but it didn't matter - the food was great and just what we needed after nearly 24 hours of straight travel, when nowhere else was open in sleepy Hanmer!

Visited November 2011
Port Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
“good food, terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

I went there on september the 9th with my girlfriend, because I had heard from friends about the quality of their burgers, besides it was lovely sunny day and it's just pretty cool to sit outside with the pools and all. As I walked in, to place my order, I was a bit surprised for finding so many tables with dirty stuff on them, that needed to be cleared. After ordering though I went outside and sat at the only table that didnt have dirty dishes on it. I had planned to order dessert as well, and my girlfriend was very excited about it, given that the sweets and pastries looked wonderful on the display shelves. So far, so good. Until one of the burgers arrived but the other didn't. It was quite weird because it certainly isn't one of those huge places where things can get mixed up, it was even brought to the table by the same girl that took the order, so, naturally I got up after 10 mins and tried to find out what was wrong, I spoke to the unapologetic manager and he explained that we've only been charged for one burger and if we wanted the second one, we could order it (when the other burger had been eaten long ago), needless to say, we just went away, appalled by the level of service to be found in one NZ's touristic icons.

• Visited September 2011