My friend and I went up to Hockley to spend a spa day, relax, and remind ourselves why we have been friends for so many years,
At first it was difficult to get appts,, called 2 weeks ahead, they were booked. Our Appointments for Organic facial were confirmed, off we went.
The facial was one of the best I had ever had, I felt like I was glowing. Not only do they do your face but neck, shoulders, feet, lower leg, hands and lower arms. After the first 5 minutes, I thought, if this was to end now I would be satisfied, this coming from a person who likes to get her monies worth.
Before our treatments we relaxed on the balcony , in our robes, enjoyed a glass of bubbly, or maybe 2, come to think of it, maybe that is why I was relaxed???ummm
after our facials we went to the indoor pool. my friend was looking forward to the hot tub and sauna. Unfortunately, the hot tub was not operational and wouldn't be until August., we suggested they tell people when making bookings as we heard a few women complain about not being told ahead, if they had been they wouldn't have had a let down.
The pool area was fine but other then the pool, my friend and I, it got boring real fast, maybe some light music.
The outdoor pool area was nice, the pool is small but certainly ok to cool off.
We had a light lunch of a decker sandwich, side order of fries, (more like match sticks) and a beer. Nothing to write home about but the atmosphere and company made up for that.
would I go back, probably not only because I want to go to as many different places for the experience. would I recommend going for a girls getaway, certainly.
it is the ups and downs of experiences that rounds out our lives, learn what you can and move on
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hockley Valley Resort is a year-round resort located in the heart of some of Ontario’s most picturesquecountryside, one hour from downtown Toronto. Since opening its doors in 1985, Hockley Valley Resort has become a leading culinary tourism, leisure, corporate meeting and wedding destination. The 300-acre boutique property features 104 luxury rooms and suites, 14 meeting rooms, an 8,000 square foot full-service spa, a championship 18-hole golf course designed by renowned Canadian golf course architect Thomas McBroom, and 15 scenic ski and snowboard runs for all levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your Hockley Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hockley Valley Hotel Orangeville
- Hockley Valley Orangeville