Stayed for 4 nights in March 2012, duplex apartment, room # 1. Hotel has requested to provide for my credit card details to guarantee booking from booking.com, though no pre-charge has been applied. This is a small hotel which is close to the other one called Colibri (I understand they have the same owner). Location is great, just few minutes from Praslin jetty, and the view is awsome. Apartment was big for 2, clean and well furnished with equiped kitchen. The staff was polite and helpful enough, especially in restaurant. The breakfast was ok though obviously a limited choice of snacks. The buffet dinner costs EURO 18 per person and is a good quality though again rather limited selection of dishes due to small size of hotel.
On the negative side: hotel has no beach though some guests do not hesitate to snorkle in front of it. La Digue with its great beaches is just 20 min by ferry. Short walking path to the jetty might be a challenge to seniors and for those travelling with heavy luggage. Though air con in our apartment worked well, it was located right above our bed, so we couldn't use it at night not being exposed to the risk of getting sick. These minor issues do not spoil overall good impression though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Far away from busy crowds, situated in a convenient location near the Praslin Jetty is the small hotel Chalets Cote Mer, where our friendly staff will immediately make you feel at home. Our hotel, which is set in beautiful and lush tropical gardens, comprises of 6 duplex apartments, 4 superior and 3 standard rooms. All of our rooms have terraces that provide magnificent views to the Seychelles blue waters and surrounding islands. Our restaurant is set on the water’s edge and offers authentic dishes that are influenced by fresh local produce and the Seychelles Creole culture. Our clients have access to our infinity pool and relaxation areas where you can forget the daily stresses by soaking up the panoramic views our hotel has to offer. While we do not have a beach, we provide direct sea access where guests can swim and snorkel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chalets Cote Mer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chalets Cote Mer Hotel Praslin Island
- Chalets Cote Mer Praslin Island