We had read quite a few recommendations, but they must have been outdated.
The only highlights are a wonderful view on Baie Ste. Anne and the garden.
The owners seem to be pre-occupied by their hobbies (gardening), and seem to consider guests more or less as a nuisance. The food is lousy (breakfast consist of ever the same 7 jams and not much more, fruit are never ripe, only the omelettes are nice. Dinner is so-so, fish is mostly okay, but meat is constantly cooked for hours and therefor nearly inedible. The cook obviously does not enjoy his job, and the management doesn't care. Don't even try a cocktail, that's just a warm fruit juice with some rum.
All friendliness of the personnel does not compensate for the shortcomings.
In short: Don't sty any longer than two nights, otherwise the "Seychelles experience" becomes quite a drag, at least as far as accomodation and restaurant food is concerned
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mentioned as a reference in all major tourist guides, The COLIBRI Guesthouse possesses an undisputable typical charm. All its chalets, combination of noble wood and stone, have a breathtaking ocean view. Pleasantly located on the hillside, nesting amongst the abundant tropical shrubs, the hotel offers 5 superior rooms and 6 standard rooms all with terrace or balcony. The restaurant is situated on the water’s edge. Rene, a French Master Chef, is there to offer you outstanding Creole and International dishes, Guest booking a stay at COLIBRI Guesthouse can look forward to a home away-from-home ambiance, as well as feeling very much part of the owning family, whose generous warmth and friendliness assures a true experience of the Seychelles' way of life. For your comfort, we offer you:• 6 STANDARD ROOMS : 5 Double rooms (Max 2 Pers) one of them can be turned into a triple room - 1 Duplex (Max 4 pers). No air-condition in standard rooms. All our rooms have King size Bed, Coffee-tea making facility, private shower room, safety box, hairdryer, television, fridge and fan. The triple room consists of 1 king size bed and 1 single bed. The duplex has a king size bed on the mezzanine and 2 bunk beds on the ground floor. For more than 4 occupants, the duplex has a connecting double room. The daily cleaning of the room is provided with the bath towels changed every 2 days and the bed sheets every 3 days. A wireless Internet Access is available at the reception at extra cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Colibri Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colibri Guest House Hotel Praslin Island
- Colibri Hotel Praslin Island