If you're considering Indian Ocean Lodge for your stay on Praslin, you probably are on a bit of a budget. This is one of the cheaper spots (for Seychelles) and therefore, as with most things, you get what you pay for.
First of all, the beach here is crap. It's strewn with seaweed and there is a very, very limited amount of sand. So, you're going to want to spend your beach time on the other side of the island at one of the more famous beaches. Anse Lazio, for example, is a 30-40 minute car drive away. Don't use the hotel shuttle. If you're coming to Praslin, seriously just rent a car at the airport. You won't regret having wheels while on Praslin.
The rooms here are fine. They are actually pretty well decorated and have a kind of pastel and driftwood vibe to them. The patio is nice and has a little shade curtain as well. That said, the gardens are not that well manicured and not terribly beautiful. The pool area is alright, nothing special. Breakfast is a decent buffet with quite a few options, and the restaurant itself is, like the rest of the hotel, very average.
I wasn't terribly impressed with the staff. They didn't really make me feel all that welcome, and I got the feeling I was being watched, if you know what I mean. The hotel staff shouldn't care about my idiosyncrasies or giggle at my food/drink orders.
Finally, my room had a second door, a back door, that I guess goes out into the maid area/hallway. Multiple times people tried to come in this door, which annoyed me to no end. Plus, there's a lot of noise from that area since the door has a lot of space between the ground and the door. Obnoxious.
All in all, fine for me as a solo traveler just checking out Seychelles after a business trip, but if you're here on your honeymoon I suggest you splurge. Go big or go home. People who are saying this hotel is good are just deluding themselves, I guess because they had to pay so much they may as well not want to admit that, ultimately, it's below average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our rooms are spacious, each boasting a king-size bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, tea & coffee making facilities, mini fridge, IDD telephone, WiFi, safe, hairdryer and satellite TV and private terrace.The restaurant offers both local and international cuisine in an informal and friendly atmosphere. Live music five times a week. Our bar on the seaward side services both the lounge and the pool deck. Shuttle service to and from Cote D’or beach are available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Indian Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Ocean Hotel Praslin Island
- Indian Ocean Praslin Island