The Indian Ocean Lodge is a place that will give you a pleasant stay, unless you are expecting more than you are paying for. So, you have to ask yourself, what do you want from your stay? We mostly needed a place to sleep between trying to see everything there is. We had a great time!
The staff was never once rude while I was there. Slightly disinterested at times perhaps, but full of smiles when we got a bit enthusiastic about our day. The room was perfectly adequate even though we are both somewhat averse to pastels and the bed proved slightly hard for our soft tourist bodies.
Grand Anse on Praslin is not a great place for swimming. It is shallow and full of stingrays. Well, we saw one. On the other hand, you are not so far away from either Vallée de Mai or the harbour from here, meaning you are well-placed for excursions. If you want to go swimming on Praslin, my advice is to go either to Anse Volbert (Le Côte d'Or) or Anse Lazio. The bus will take ages to get there so go by car.
The food at Indian Ocean Lodge was alright. My partner thought it was good but I will only go that far with some of the desserts. If I recall correctly, most days dinner was a buffé and there was usually something nice to choose but you would rarely be surprised by anything.
All in all, I'd have to say that Indian Ocean Lodge is a three star hotel through and through. It may sound like a strange thing to say but on the whole I thought it a hotel that is adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our rooms are spacious, each boasting a king-size bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, tea & coffee making facilities, mini fridge, IDD telephone, WiFi, safe, hairdryer and satellite TV and private terrace.The restaurant offers both local and international cuisine in an informal and friendly atmosphere. Live music five times a week. Our bar on the seaward side services both the lounge and the pool deck. Shuttle service to and from Cote D’or beach are available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Indian Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Ocean Hotel Praslin Island
- Indian Ocean Praslin Island