“A home away from home in Peel NSW”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peel
Glendalough Alpacas
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our 1st B&B experience and we were totally blown away from the moment we stepped through the front doors at Cath and Joe's lovely home. This is not your average B&B as we were immediately made to feel so relaxed, welcomed and very much part of the family. Cath and Joe are the most lovely hosts and there is so much warmth and love in the house. We could have carried on talking way into the night and finishing that bottle of wine.
Cath gives one of the most heartfelt hugs ever (makes me miss my mom) and I felt I could talk to her about anything.
Cath is an amazing cook!! The prawn bisque is to die for (thank you for the 2nd helping) and not forgetting the tender lamb shanks and amazing dessert. Breakfast was an amazingly awesome spread too with homemade preserves and bread!
Meeting Piccolo and Jimmy were such a hugh highlight and who can forget Margaret ...... aaawww bless
We are already planning a return trip in Sept or Oct so that we can get to see the new crias than.
I could go on for pages and pages about Cath and Joe and their hospitality as no words could describe this B&B. One must experience to believe. This B&B definitely has to be every one's list as its only a short 15-20mins drive from Bathurst. Cath and Joe gave us a home away from home and it was sad to say goodbye.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Arpakassodreaming

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for a weekend with my partner during the Bathurst to Blayney cycling events. The roads and landscapes surrounding Glendalough Alpaca B&B are great for training on various terrains.

The farm is set amongst rolling hills and friendly alpacas! Cathy and Joe, our hosts, were so accommodating and have a wonderful knowledge of the area... Not to mention the fabulous food - most of which is grown organically on the farm. The rooms are bright, spacious and so comfortable!

If you need a beautiful retreat away coupled with some of the best food (and sleep) you'll ever have, make sure you book in at this wonderful B&B where you'll want to return to as often as possible!

Matt

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The gorgeous, warm interiors and the lovely hosts made this blissful experience incredibly enjoyable. The room I stayed in was pretty as a picture and so carefully laid out, with every need accommodated, including a heated blanket for the chilly nights. Highlights for my little one and myself included collecting fresh eggs from the chickens for our breakfast, Cath's delectable meals and instincts for the perfect moment for a cup of tea, Joe's warm and involving personality, and Jimmy Jordan the talking parrot. The gardens were a pure delight to wander through, and the blooming roses a beautiful sight to behold. I highly recommend Glendalough Alpacas if you are the kind of person who enjoys wonderful company, great food and wine, spectacular views and a breath of fresh air!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I could not have imagined a more beautiful and comfortable place as this; everything was mind-blowing, and I got to experience the best parts of a country lifestyle. I don't think I've ever met hosts so amazingly accommodating as Joe and Cath. Their personal rapport and good humor made the stay so enjoyable! All around the house, there are decorations Cath made herself: rose and lavender arrangements picked from her garden, bowls of potpourri, framed crochet designs, and even the curtains in the bedrooms. Every room looks like it came out of a Victorian magazine spread: white lace and ribbons, decorative pillows, and large, open windows. For breakfast, Cath breaks out her daily homemade bread and several jams (apricot! cherry! raspberry!) Afterwards, you can take a drive into town which is only 15 minutes away and experience that small quaint shop feel. If you want to do something cooler, there's a nice drive on Mount Panorama where you can see the race track. I had one of the best stays ever at Glendalough Alpacas; the landscape was scenic, basically every moment seemed photogenic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2014

You cannot dream of a better life in the country. Cath and Joe are friendly hosts who really take care of you. The house is decorated to perfection in white. They have a cute 23 year old talking parrot, Jimmy Jordan. Every morning breakfast is served where Cath serves her own homemade jams and bread and eggs from their own chooks. The breakfast table has a breathtaking view of the rolling hills and alpacas grazing around the house.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Been to Glendalough Alpacas? Share your experiences!