See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2013

The Gouvix Priory is a comfortable stay with an old house charm, good food, good host and good value for money. The main building, grounds, and rooms were of a very good standard. As for the food, David, the owner, maintained a very high standard of freshness, variety and effort in its preparation and presentation. Very “biker friendly” and overall, a most pleasant stay. We shall return and I would strongly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Six motorcycles, one car and eight tired and hungry men were relieved to have arrived at The Priory for a three night stay. Dave greeted us with a selection of cold beers and had a beutiful meal ready in no time. The accomodation was excellent, a lovely comfortable house full of character. We had planned for bed and breakfast only, but after sampling Daves cullinary expertise on the fist night, a unanimus decision was quickly made to ditch any plans to dine out.

Great location, lovely house, outstanding food and an excellent host.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We were made very welcome by owner/chef David for our four night stay. Each evening we indulged ourselves on his superb cuisine and wine before crashing out into very comfortable beds. With simple rooms, peaceful location and extensive gardens it is great place to return to after a day out and about. A memorable weekend. J,P,R & T

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 39PeterA
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I stayed at The Priory for 3 nights at the end of an epic and stressful solo drive / road trip from the Greek Islands en route back to the UK. After 5 days sleeping on ferries and staying in slightly/very dodgy hotels and 20 hours at the wheel, the Priory was a breath of fresh air. The decor is understated yet stylish, and the traditional French style antique bed one of the most inviting I have ever slept in. I was made welcome by the owner who is genuinely interested in his guests 'stories'. I ate in - going out just wasn't an option because I was so tired - and I am so glad that I did. Dave is an marvellous cook; the Fruits de Mer' was spectacular. Tranquil, peacful and restful are all words that come to mind. I arrived on Saturday evening and by the time I left on Tuesday lunchtime, after 3 days venturing no further than the garden, which is just lovely, I felt completely restored. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: They are all lovely - the owner gave me a guided tour of the house.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We have stayed twice At Gouvix Priory, once as a couple and once in a family group of five.
Both stays were only for one night and both stays enjoyed hugely by all involved.
The rooms are spacious and not overly modernised, which makes it more like a "Priory" stay, and the general ambiance makes you feel as though you might meet the odd prior at any moment. David is a generous host and a super cook. The informal dinner a plentious breakfast made the whole experience really enjoyable.

Room Tip: The suites are great value for three people.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends