“Very serene and luxurious”

The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pantai Kok
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Very serene and luxurious”
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We had a very relaxing time at Danna.
Their pool is beautiful.
I liked their kids club.
Rooms are fabulous and the breakfast is fit for a king.
All in all we were very pleased with Danna and would definitely return there.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Wajiha A
GMDanna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Dear Wajiha A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review and for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Danna. I am so pleased to know that you had a very relaxing holiday at our resort. I am agree with you that the 3-tier infinity pool being nicely designed for adult & kids. Besides enjoying the pool, I am sure your kids spending most of their times at our kids club enjoying the activities, playstation and x-box there. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Pascal Masse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (780)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We decided to stay here for our honeymoon in Langkawi, and we're so glad we did. We received a couple of honeymoon perks — a free picnic on a private island, half bottle of champagne in the room, and a small cake. As well as a free upgrade to a Grant Merchant room!

The hotel is kept to an incredibly high standard, with some of the loveliest staff we've ever met. Amazing service by the poolside.

Two half-price happy hours were great — one from 5-7pm by the poolside, and another from 7-9pm in the Verandah bar (with an amazing cocktail selection). We ate in the hotel restaurant a couple of nights, and thoroughly enjoyed the Trio of Rendang.

Breakfast every day was outstanding. An amazing array of different foods, free-flowing Champagne (a little too much for us at breakfast, but you may enjoy it!), and some great Malaysian dishes as well.

There are various restaurants in the marina (which is literally a 30 second walk away). Tapaz serves tasty spanish tapas, there's a nice italian restaurant next door, and a completely amazing Malaysian restaurant called "Privilege", which we returned to a few times. Order a selection of starters rather than a main course — you won't be disappointed!

The weather in June was a little mixed, but there's plenty to do in the hotel if it's raining on the occasional day. A fantastic pool room, and a games room with a well equipped darts board.

The hotel staff also seemed really great with kids. Very friendly, happy to help out, and generally very accommodating.

Late check-out wasn't a problem (we stayed in our room until 4pm on the day we left).

Couldn't recommend it more highly. Hopefully we'll be able to return soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Grand Merchant room, which has a very large balcony.
2 Thank davidappleyard
GMDanna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Davidappleyard,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to write about your recent stay at The Danna. We were very happy to read that our resort lift up to the high expectations, providing you with an unforgettable holiday. There are benefits for the honeymooner as you have enjoyed and it will be greater if you are staying longer or if you are taking other value added packages as you may find on our website. I am glad that you have enjoyed all the perks. A stretch of restaurant facing the Marina always best to spend your evening. The Grand Room providing a spacious loggia with a day bed for the guest to enjoy the scenery. Please contact me directly should you plan to visit Langkawi again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights here in The Grand Merchant Room beginning of June for our first anniversary. I loved pretty much everything about this hotel, from the hospitality, to the food, to the bedroom itself, all second to none. After a tiring adventurous day out and about, it was always a pleasure to return back to The Danna for a relaxing evening.

Although the buffet during breakfast was not as extensive as some other hotels, the menu for fresh orders which accompanied the buffet contained some absolutely delicious items, just the way I like it, and all accompanied by a live pianist at times! Their infinity swimming pool overlooking the ocean is probably the nicest swimming pool I have ever seen at a hotel, it not only accommodates children who wish to paddle in one area of the pool, it contains a full 25 metre rectangular section for serious swimmers. The bedroom is definitely the nicest bedroom I have ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a fair few hotels in the past 10 years or so. Evenings on the bedroom's balcony couch overlooking the rainforest and ocean was sooo relaxing, not to mention the amazing bathroom... the most colossal bathtub ever, and the best walk in rain shower I've ever stood under... A couple of days it was quite rainy and my wife and I used that time to go and play some pool in the billiards room, I can go on and on, we were very happy with our choice of hotel...

We spent an evening at The Danna's rival hotel, The Casa Del Mar, for dinner, and although the dining experience was fantastic, the hotel itself did not even seem to compare to The Danna, I was so glad I'd chosen The Danna over it.

Last but not least, our guest experience assistant/manager, Azamat (Russian,) was extremely hospitable, he went out of his way to make sure we were happy with our stay at The Danna. I wouldn't be surprised if The Danna remains no. 1 in Langkawi, while he is still there, Also, one of the nicest and humblest of people we met in Malaysia.

Room Tip: Go for ocean or rainforest views.
4 Thank Aamirio
GMDanna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Aamirio,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your glowing review on the site following your stay with us early this month and I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. The hotel is a little gem and a home away from home with cozy rooms and warm with a large size 3-tier infinity pool. The weather as always unpredictable but we are glad to hear that you had taken time to enjoy our indoor facilities. I have passed your kind word to everyone and especially Azamat and we are all very thankful. We do certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming all of you back to The Danna on a future visit to Langkawi and please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can be of assistance at any time

uk
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel was lovely, rooms were large and clean, grounds and hotels looked after and the people working in the hotel all look after you. In fact it seems everyone on the island is really friendly!
If you are looking for a relaxing break then this hotel is perfect as it is away from the busy 'backpackers' areas but there are a few restaurants around the hotel if you want a change. We didn't actually eat in the hotel as it was nice to wander over to the harbour to grab a bite to eat. It is also 5 minutes can drive from the oriental village and the cable cars.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Chillipepper123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review and for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Danna .I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your holiday at our resort. We were very pleased to read that you felt well looked after by our team. I must agree with your comment about our location is the best place for a relaxing break, a stretch of dining venue by the Marina is a cozy place to spend the evening. I do hope that we may welcome you again at The Danna.

Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was there last week and the service was top notch! We booked the merchant room but when we arrived, one of the staff offered us an upgrade to a viceroy room which we did. Man...i tell you...it was the perfect sea view you could ever get from a hotel! we were given the room right in the middle! Perfect for a honeymoon getaway! At 6pm, someone sent a cake and a bottle of champagne over to our room! It was a pleasant surprise I would say! And of course, the breakfast, we were served with free flowing champagne and tailor made buffet breakfast from the menu! It was certainly an awesome experience! I will definitely visit this hotel every year!

Room Tip: ask for the middle unit facing sea!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
GMDanna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Matttzz,

Thank you for your kind review of The Danna Langkawi which is greatly appreciated. With direct flight from Singapore, Penang and Kuala Lumpur, I agree with you that The Danna is the best weekend getaway. As you are aware, The Danna is a unique resort with varieties of scenery; mountain, garden courtyard, marina and sea view. We are always offering these sceneries to all of our guest for their option at nominal price to ensure the quality holiday. I am glad that you are enjoying your sea view room. It will be our pleasure to take care of you on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with the booking.

Osaka, Japan
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I went for vacations from 26 Apr to 2nd May 2013. The hotel is in a beautiful place with a spacatulous pool side and private beach. It is very quiet there which was perfect for me as I was alone and just wanted to chill out at the beach. The staff is really well trained and speaking good english. Everybody was very supportive helping with any request. There are a lot of nice free services like serving fruit cocktails at noon, sun glasses cleaning service and so on. Breakfast is wonderfull with champagne!! service and life music( thank you Emzac)! There was just one restaurant opened at this time( not including cafe and pool side bar), so the team recommended the places near by and even booked them for me. Around 50 meters there is a yatch club with many restaurants in the harbor( spanish, italian, japanese, chinese, russian, malaisian fusion) which was really helpful not to dine all the time at the same place. The hotel is 30 min drive from the city, so a little far if you prefer to be in the center. But near by there is a rop way which is worth going. Pool view room is highly recommended! For sure will come back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Yulia7767
Dear Yulia7767,

Thank you so much for your warm words and for sharing the beautiful pictures on-line. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that our team, including our Emzac the pianist. Besides our Planters Restaurant, the choices of outlet along the Marina always available for dining. I am so pleased that you will visit us again at TheDanna. My team and I remain at your service.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Recently my family checked into the Danna for a short holiday
I don't have the right words to describe our stay there.It was just totally an awesome experience. From check in to check out the staff were wonderful. We were pampered throughout our stay there.
The breakfast at the Danna was just incomparable. They had everything and the ambiance was one of total relaxation.My kids had a great time and didnt want to leave the hotel grounds at all. Even I had a totally relaxing time,which says a lot for a workaholic. I strongly recommend that everyone should have a "Danna Experience". I have yet to come across such an experience in all my travels.
To the management and staff,a big thank you for such a great and relaxing time. We will be back for more.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Bizt,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to compose a review about your experiences at The Danna. We were particularly happy to learn that it was our staff who made a lasting impression on you by consistently pampering your whole family. I am sure your kids has taken their time to enjoy our kids club and the swimming pool. We appreciate you having stayed with us and for recommending The Danna. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pantai Kok
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
#1 of 16 in Pantai Cenang
Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia

Been to The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia? Share your experiences!