“Awesome hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pantai Kok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I spent 5 days in the hotel and every thing was perfect starting from the reception till the last moment. The staff are very friendly, the room was awesome and very clean the pool is very nice specially the jacuzzi also the beach is very clean and the hotel has a very nice view by the ocean.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
GMDanna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear AmrBayoumi,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on the site for us and I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay; the Sea View room always the top choice. All the staff always working hard to ensure you leave with memorable experience, I am glad you enjoyed the personal service from our team. I am sure throughout the stay, you have taken the time to walk around the restaurant along the marina. A long stretch of choices for wine & dine. Thank you once again for your very kinds words and please do not hesitate to contact me at any time if I can be of assistance.

Pascal Masse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mykonos Town, Greece
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were in Langkawi with my girlfriend for holidays and we stay in Danna hotel that is like 20 min far from the town of Langkawi, the rooms was really good big and clear inside , the breakfast was fantastic with one guy play amazing piano also , all the stuff was so kind to us except the receptionist that they were not so helpful when we asked for advises about Langkawi where to go and visit. The price is a bit expensive but i think has no better one like Danna in Langkawi :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EdAward
Dear EdAward,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Danna with other reviewers. Our location is the best, quiet, calm, sceneries and you may reach anywhere you want with less than 20 minutes driving. The smallest room is 65 square meter which is the largest leading room on the island. All rooms with balcony where you can enjoy the sunset or sunrise with champagne. All bathroom with his and her vanity. The swimming pool and the breakfast is talk of the town. The team here being well trained to assist all guests at any situation, I am sorry you didn’t get enough attention in getting the information but rest assured that this will not be repeating. I am glad you agreed that our quality worth the price. Should you decide to visit Langkawi again, please contact me directly for an advance booking. I will ensure that our best Experience Planner attending to you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This establishment is peaceful, opulent, picturesque and perfect for relaxation. We were treated as if we were the only guests at the hotel. The lobby is splendid, the lounge is seductive and the restaurant amazing with every detail attended to. The food served at the restaurant is fresh and delicious and the live piano playing is a bonus. The rooms are well appointed, private and every detail is attended to. Even the skin products are Crab Tree and Evelyn.

Room Tip: Try and get a marina view, or beach view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank rima D
GMDanna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Rima D,

Thank you for your kind review of The Danna Langkawi which is greatly appreciated. We are delighted that you had a memorable stay and that you felt it was small tasteful & luxurious. I am delighted that the staff were helpful and you appreciate the Malaysian Hospitality. It always our pleasure to take care of you. We hope to see you again at The Danna and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with a booking

Manchester
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Let me first say this was an amazing hotel and service exceeding expectations (I will explain why I've not give 5 stars). Once we arrived we were seated in a comfy seating area which was totally different experience than other hotels. We were greeted with pleasant smile and hellos and a wonderful cold drink with a cold towel. The surroundings were beautiful and you just had to pause to appreciate it. It was very very clean and whilst we sat down and the normalities of checking in was being sorted we were given a complimentary few min massage from the spa therapist which was lovely and refreshing.
The room was great with huge bed, lovely high ceiling room and amazing shower and bathroom and balcony. You couldn't fault it.
The amazing part is when you toto the back of the hotel and you are blown away YEs I Mean BLOWN away with the most spectacular view. The swimming pool area going onto the private beach and then to the sea. Amazing time to spend here relaxing and doing nothing ;-)
So why the 4 stars and not the 5. Well for us the breakfast let us down. The service was excellent but for us the breakfast was below standard for a 5 star hotel. It maybe our choice but we felt the English or veg meal choice was limited. The beans and the hash brown was cold to warm at best. The variety was limited. There was fruit flies on the fruit on 2 occasions. I do believe this was the only thing that let the hotel down. I really didn't want to give a marking down as the experience and staff was brilliant but I hope when staff read this they take it on board and improve this part of the service.
I would definitely book here again and would advise people to experience it for themselves.

Room Tip: If you can afford definitely get the sea view room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Abby c,

It was our great pleasure looking after you on your recent visit to The Danna Langkawi and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the site. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed all aspects. I appreciate your comment about breakfast and am sorry that you did were not impressed with selection of foods but I do hope you will give us the opportunity of looking after you again on a future visit and please do contact me personally so I can take care of your booking and make sure that on this occasion you will have a better experience

Seremban, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have stayed in many local 5-star hotels but The Danna is truly several notches above the rest. It is different, worthy and way beyond my expectation.
Here are some of the most outstanding of the many winning aspects of The Danna:

1. The architecture, landscape and interior designing - impressive architecture, adorable landscaping and exquisite ID that stay true to the hotel's colonial concept, you would be snapping pictures wherever you are: at the lobby, along the corridors, coming out of the lift, in the room, in the bathroom, at the balcony, at the pool, at the library, at the restaurant, even at the ladies' room on the ground floor near the restaurant where there is an open-air fountain..anywhere is picturesque in The Danna! The hotel environment gives you the feeling that you are travelling back in time to the colonial, something exceptional and truly awesome.

2. The hospitality - The Danna serves you a refreshing drink and a massage upon checking in. Do read correctly, its not a welcome mEssage but a nice shoulder & neck mAssage that is so soothing after the bag-carrying exercise during travel. If a relaxing massage is how the hotel welcomes you, you can imagine how warm, thoughtful and intimate their service is for the rest of your stay.

3. The pool (where I am at the moment) - Huge swimming pool for kids and adults plus 2 jacuzzi pools, overlooking the sea and surrounded by the greenforest hills, I have been sitting here for the past 3 hours enjoying the seabreeze and the stunning view.

4. The spa - A luxurious, blissful treat for all your 5 senses. The candlenut body scrub is a must-try!

5. The food and the restaurant - Besides the food and the ambience, the staff are ever attentive and though there is buffet for breakfast you hardly need to get up from your chair because the staff will get whatever you want for you. I especially enjoyed the live piano music at the background, the first I have ever experienced when having breakfast at hotels and I find this very classy.

6. The room - The room is enormous with spacious bathroom. And the bed! Super comfortable with comfortable pillows, The Danna is one of the two among many 5-star hotels I have stayed in that provides great bed which gives me a quality sleep.

7. The peace and tranquility - I found this hotel surprisingly quiet, hardly seeing kids running around noisily unlike what was commented by other reviewer. Maybe because it is not school holiday season?

The Danna is truly unique and A-class in everyway, it has been such a great treat to stay here. It is now, without a doubt, no1 in my favourite getaway destinations!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Danna is ideal if you want a luxury escape away from all the noise and traffic that marks many busy Asian cities (and tourist traps). The resort itself is perfect for romantic getaway, but we went with our teenager and we all had a great time. The pool is a wonderful place to relax and the attentive staff make you feel like a king or queen. Food was of a very high quality, and breakfast was extensive and catered to all tastes. We had a Countess Suite and it was seriously good. The views of the beach and surround countryside were soothing. We found it easy to grab a cab to tour the island and there are done really nice restaurants in close proximity for variety. Would highly recommend and be back in a hear best.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DavidAndrewMatthews
GMDanna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear DavidAndrewMatthews,

Many thanks for a lovely review. The Danna is our little jewel and we take great pride in it. We want all our guests to feel that they are at home away from home; and I am pleased that you found us both homey and elegant. I am sure some reviewer agree with you that Countess Suite is best; with 2 balcony, a living room, a Jacuzzi and a day bed by balcony complementing the beauty. I am delighted that you were well looked after and that we took care of everything that you needed. We are very close to the Marina but are also surrounded by rainforest and which away from the hustle and bustle. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I do hope that you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Langkawi.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is modern yet retains class, in a similar way to the E&O in Penang or the Raffles club in Singapore.

The room itself was one of the nicest I've stayed in throughout the world and the same goes for the pool and beach.

The service is excellent, especially on arrival and breakfast, there seem to always be plenty of staff which you'd expect for a 5* hotel.

The food was of very high standard throughout breakfast lunch and dinner.

Overall I had a lovely stay and feel it was worth the money, which is a lot for this part of the world.

My only complaints are below and each could easily be resolved:

Dinner - I ordered the chateaubriand for dinner. The staff didn't ask how I wanted it cooked and seemed confused when I questioned. It still tasted excellent, but it was over cooked.This put me off ordering a steak on subsequent nights. They aren't cheap and this is a fairly basic question when ordering steak.

Room service - we ordered a bottle of wine, and for a hotel that prides itself on having a wine cellar, it took over 30 minutes for them to find a bottle and involved multiple phone calls. the price was 50 ringgits more than the in room menu (out of date in room price list) . They happily price matched the bottle to the lower price, but it still seemed a lot of effort for something as simple as ordering wine.

Wifi- very low signal quality in room (349) which meant I kept on losing connection on my iPhone and iPad.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Booboo_bear83
Dear Booboo_bear83,

Thank you much for having taken the time to write about your recent stay at The Danna. We were very happy to read that our resort lived up to the high expectations, providing you with an unforgettable holiday. We were also pleased to learn that team members looked well after you. I appreciated you mentioning the inconveniences you experienced regarding the quality of our wi-fi signal and the water gun around the pool which we have rectified right away. I was most concerned to learn that one of your dining experience was not as expected and I am now personally lead the rectification. Once again, thank you very much for your visit and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pantai Kok
Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia
The St. Regis Langkawi
The St. Regis Langkawi
#4 of 104 in Langkawi

Been to The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia? Share your experiences!