“Excellent place for honeymooners”

The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pantai Kok
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Excellent place for honeymooners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I and my husband stayed in this property for quick 3 days getaway right after our big and hectic wedding in November 2011, so The Danna was kind of our first honeymoon destination. I still remember how wonderful the hospitality of the staffs was, and how attentive all the waiters/ waitresses were in the restaurant. Staying in The Danna made us want to spend more time in the hotel rather than going around the island. The room itself was spacious, clean, and very beautiful, and we totally felt relaxed and pampered with the service. The made to order breakfast was superb, and we had more than one courses each time, not because we were greedy, but because it was very delicious and made us wanted to try more. I wished I could write this sooner, as my trip to Langkawi was more than 2 years ago.So far, this is one of the hotels with the best service that I have ever stayed in, and I used to be a quite frequent traveler. I recommend this hotel to any couple that would like to have a relaxing and fantastic getaway.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leonyleony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (764)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is an amazing hotel in a quiet corner of Langkawi but still close to the main areas. But it is not the hotel that makes the Danna, it is it's staff. The service standard is amongst the highest in the world. Everyone is there to please you and anticipate your every need. The pool is beautiful, though the beach in front isn't. It is not clean and a bit of a disappointment. We stayed in a Grand Merchant Room which was huge. I loved the rain shower. Breakfast catered for every nationality. There were 3 birthdays during our stay and all received a cake with a candle and a Happy Birthday song. Such a lovely start to one's birthday.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel has everything you could possibly want and more. The rooms are large, clean and true to the culture and feel of the island. The pool is one of the highlights, I'm not usually one to lounge around all day but the views are spectacular and the poolside waiters are attentive. Everthing is very well kept and the staff seem proud to keep it that way. I would most definitely recommend the hotel to those looking for a relaxing and/or romantic break.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

From the moment we arrived we was treated like stars it was amazing a massage when we got there then take to our room and that was also breath taking.
When we went down to breakfast the star treatment started again from them making me the most amazing ice coffee to making my little boy who is 19 months old a banana milkshake . The special touches from the chef making my mum poach eggs without vinegar to having champagne for breakfast just a wonderful experience loved every minute of it

• Stayed March 2014
GMDanna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Sarah G,

We are very delighted to know that you and your family had great time with us and you felt like being treated like a star! Thanks to our caring chefs and Food & Beverage team, we hope your boy enjoyed the banana milk shake and your mom liked the poached egg without vinegar. Whilst we trust you have returned home safely by now, we hope to see you and family again very soon.

Best regards,
Pascal Masse
Wolfsgraben, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have to travel to Singapore sometimes for business. At February 2013, I decided to have a short stay at The Danna before going home to Austria. Even this first stay was a great experience. My second stay, accompanied with a business partner, was even greater and really perfect.

Now, this March 2014 I arrived at The Danna my third time - my welcome was like arriving at home. Everyone knew me, greatened me and - because my luggage was lost by the airline - I got perfect and great support from the hole stuff. They organized a Malaysian sim card, some personal belongings and I got a lot of clothing at the hotel shop (paid by the airline of course *gg*) ...

I travel around the world sometimes a year for business; and I know a lot oft really good 5* hotels in Asia, Europa and the USA ... but ... the experience in The Danna is not to be compared. The high quality of service is unattainable!

You may go to breakfast ... you may want a little snack for lunch, just an bite at the pool or you become hungry at your room at 2am ... you can order a big offer of quite high quality food ... I never stayed in a better hotel before (and this for a reasonable price!)

Room Tip: I prefer the Marina Rooms - they are quite big ... try to get a room at floor 4 - my room was 422, a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Wolfsgrabener
Winslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

From the moment you enter the foyer on arrival, guests are treated with 1st class service, it is apparent that this comes high on the list of criteria for hotel staff.

We were wowed by our room (417) upper floor, a corner room with 2 x balconies, one overlooking the beautiful Marina and the other, overlooking mountains/shops complex. The room is old style elegance, bathroom was very well equipped with 2 x hand basins, sunken bath and large walk in shower. Electrical sockets were same as UK, so no need for adapters. Everything was exceptionally clean and this continued throughout our 11 night stay. On arrival, we had biscuits and fruit in our room and a couple of days prior to leaving, we were given a very nice bottle of red wine. Bottled water was provided everyday and also throughout the day at the pool.

There is a library on floor 1 which overlooks the pool/sea and the view is beautiful, so I imagine the guest rooms would also have the best views. There are a few books which guests leave which can be swapped for your own in case you run out of reading material.

As we were half board, we ate in the restaurant every evening. Our meals included, Danna bottled water, 'free flowing' wine and anything from the extensive menu including, lobster, chateaubriand, fillet steak etc. all part of the package. Beer was not included though. The Head Chef, was extremely friendly and always ready to make any meal we requested as long as he had a days notice, he also did a wonderful medley of desserts for our last evening. Even though it wasn't listed on the menu, I requested smoked salmon & scrambled egg most mornings which was delicious. Johan, Ramesh & Amirol were very professional and friendly and are worth a special mention.

We also used the Pavillion bar for a happy hour (7pm - 9pm), pre-dinner cocktail which was comfortable and served good quality drinks, with complimentary popcorn, nuts & crisps. Happy hour at the pool was announced by ringing a bell and lasted 5pm - 7pm.

The pool boys worked incredibly hard, making sure we were always comfortable and topped up with cold, bottled water. Throughout the day they also provided, cold flannels, fruit salad at lunchtime and samosas/spring rolls at about 5pm. Fresh towels were always readibly available. There was a butterfly farm & new hotel being built nearby,you could hear the generator at times, but we didn't find it loud enough to be intrusive.

We booked a taxi to do a 5 hour tour via Hotel Beds who visit the hotel. We had a rough idea where we wanted to visit and left it to the driver to recommend the rest. He spoke very good English and was very informative. This cost 200 RM (£40). We also used the hotel taxi to go to the Oriental Village/Cable car. This cost 10 RM (£2) each way. The cable car costs 30 RM (£6) each, but the queues are quite long at certain times of the day. We paid for a fast track service which was a lot more expensive (£44 for 2 persons). When we left, there were no queues at all - around 2pm, so I would recommend asking the hotel concierge when the best times to visit are. We had a couple of lovely walks round the marina at night after dinner which was very pleasant.

All in all, we were treated to the very best service, there were a couple of hick-ups, but nothing important enough to mention. The only negative I can think of is that the toilets by the pool need improvement, but you could always use the ones inside.

Room Tip: Marina views are beautiful, but I imagine the pool/sea views are even more so. Try to get an upper f...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

booked a vicroy room and it was brillent, great view of the sea, beautiffly decorated witha mix of modern and colonial, great bed. the service and staff of this organisation where wonderful and extremly attentive. the consige team tried to forefill as much as the could and where alway on hand with good local advice. if you can book a local tour for the day bit expensive but witha driver who speaks english and will show you everything you want and will help you find the little local delights. Area is a bit remote but in easy reach tourist districts.

I hope this hotel really keeps this feel and look forward to going back soon

Room Tip: worth paying for a beach front room, the sun set and rise are spectacular over the mountains and sea...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
#1 of 16 in Pantai Cenang
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,277 reviews
Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia

Been to The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia? Share your experiences!