“Pleasant”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Mostyn
Cuisines: Cafe, Welsh
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are proud to present the Cafe, Gift Shop at and Children's Play Area at Abakhan in Mostyn, North Wales. Facilities include: Indoor & outdoor seating to accomodate up to 150 people, additional WC facilities, restoration of the water mill race, state of the art equipment, landscaped courtyard and gardens. We also have a FREE children's play area and a new Gift Shop.
Flint, United Kingdom
“Pleasant”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visited the cafe with my husband, very clean and pleasant surroundings. Meal and was freshly prepared, a little pricey but was quite good. But they really need to cater for people with diet restrictions. For example I am coeliac and there was very very limited choice on the menu in regard to this.

• Visited July 2014
Cafe A, Public Relations Manager at The Cafe at Abakhan, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thanks for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your recent visit to our Cafe. Regarding the dietary requirements I will pass your comments onto the management who will look into it further. We are trying to expand our menu to cater for all dietary requirements. We hope to see you again soon.

Prestatyn, United Kingdom
“Chillout and crafts”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice cafe, a bit modern and sparse which was weird considering the nice buildings, suppose I expected something artsy/crafty.

We had the afternoon tea with fizz and it was a nice treat - all the food was freshly prepared and the atmosphere on a Saturday afternoon was relaxing and we sat on the sofa's chilling with papers and the lovely platter of tea, cake and sandwiches.

Often pop into Abakhan for my supplies anyway so will definitely come to the cafe again.

Visited May 2014
Cafe A, Manager at The Cafe at Abakhan, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you very much for your review and comments. We're really pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea and we hope to see you in-store/at the Cafe again soon.
Flintshire
“Best Afternoon tea ever”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just come back from Afternoon tea in the cafe and gift shop......SUPERB!!!!! Would recommend it to anyone. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you SO much...we WILL be back!!! The gift shop was a lovely surprise, very affordable, lovely goodies!!
Staff in cafe and gift shop were lovely and very friendly and attentive. A really enjoyable experience. I have paid a lot more for afternoon tea and it has not been as nice as this. Excellent!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Cafe A, Public Relations Manager at The Cafe at Abakhan, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments - we are glad you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea and hope to see you again soon!
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Visited the cafe with my mother and two young daughters. General clenliness was good but food and service were not. Ordered soup and a toated sandwhich and two kids meals. Specified 1 childs meal of fish fingers no beans which the lady serving me repeated back to me (my eldest who is 6 HATES beans). The soup was carrot and corriander and was the most tasteless soup I have ever had. My mother agreed. The toasted sandwhich was burnt on the edges and dry. My youngest daughter had pizza which was the very very cheap asda smartprice frozen variety - tiny, virtually no sauce or cheese, and flavourless! I would expect better quality from a McDonalds. The worst part however was my eldest daughters food that was served with beans. I informed the man who brough it that I had specified no beans as my daughter hates beans. After umming and aring a bit he took it away (no apology) and then dumped it back a table on a clean plate but the fish fingers and wedges were the same ones and were covered in bean juice still! I then told a different lady about this who took them away and said they would get a fresh meal done. From where we were sat my mother could see clearly into kitchen where they deep fried(!) more fish fingers. Again no real apology was made. All in all I think this is a cafe that is trying to come across as good quality food and has prices that reflect that (£5.20 for a childs meal and drink) but in fact serves very cheep rubbish. I shall not be returning.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank RhiRhi99
Cafe A, Public Relations Manager at The Cafe at Abakhan, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your comments and we can only apologise that your experience with us was not as you had hoped. All of your comments will be taken on board as we are continuously working on staff training and are we working together with local suppliers in order to produce fresh, good quality food. We do hope you will visit us again the future.
Welshpool, United Kingdom
“coach driver”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Excellent food and service, saw young man on till duty helping mothers with todlers carry their trays and assisting disabled people, don't see that very often.Also noticed security guard in parking groung so your vehicle should be safe.

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for your kind comments - we are glad you enjoyed your visit. Your comments will be passed on to our staff and management. We hope to see you again soon!