“Standard pub grub”

The White Hart Inn
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Visited for an early evening meal when staying in the area. Have eaten here before and have to say the welcome is always good but I do find the pub a bit dark and perhaps in need of brightening up. I chose from the specials board and went for the beer battered fish and chips. Very disappointed. I was expecting light fluffy batter on fresh fish. It was clearly straight from a freezer and into the fryer. Not really a special! Not to be too unfair my husband had the gammon egg and chips which he was very pleased with and a table next us had the burger which looked really good. So maybe I was just unlucky with my choice. Standard pub grub at a good price.

1  Thank GJ1961

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Just stopped on the Brecon Canal for a good pint and a nice meal, what I got as well was a warm friendly welcome in the White Hart, Cath(may have been Kath) was wonderful, a nice welcome smile and happy chatty banter, oh food and beer was great too. Thank you.

3  Thank Stu S
Reviewed 7 October 2018

I think the title of my review says it all. We ate here twice on our holiday and enjoyed both occasions.

Selection of 4 real ales on tap were all good, and the food was reasonably priced and good quality.

Tip: Check where Tigger the Cat's favourite seat is before sitting down - once he gets in it you'll never get him out :-)

1  Thank CnMBath
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I called into this pub while on a 2 night break in Talybont. I ordered a beer and steak and chips. Good range of beers and friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Food was good so ended up doing the same again the next night.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank John Anthony L
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Despite a large party arriving at the same time as us, the staff were very welcoming. Could not fault the food, I had ham egg and chips and I’ve not had better chips or ham. Good atmosphere and open fire to add to the character of the place. We will visit again soon.

1  Thank lisaa71