Panori Hotel
  • Restaurant
Fundu Lagoon(Pemba Island)
Constance Aiyana(Pemba Island)
View Hotel
All reviewshuge mango treepleasant stayocean drivenice hotelstayed heretvmosquitoesaccommodation
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Do not bother trying to find this place. In September 2013 it was just a heap of rubble being worked over slowly by a tired looking labour squad. Not likely to be open for at least two years. Not very good site

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Julita M, Owner at Panori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

For a few months last year, 2013 we closed the hotel for renovation and reopened last October. We are not closed down, but instead have a new facelift. All the rooms have been upgraded and new electrical and plumbing systems installed.
We have also added a swimming pool next to the dinning room, a power generator, Wifi and Cable TV.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Definitely not a palace, but considering its price, Panori Hotel is a good value for your money. The owner and staff are particularly nice, welcoming and ready to help. The rooms are old but clean, and there seems to be some renovation work going on.
The hotel is located about 25mn by foot from the centre of Tanga, but since it is located in a residential area, it is a green and quiet place. A restaurant is available on site.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mardeli
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I've stayed here multiple nights and really enjoy this property. It's only $35 so don't expect business class or service. However, for $35 you get a comfortable air conditioned room, friendly staff, and fairly good breakfast and restaurant for lunch and dinner, and really friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Craig M
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I am now sitting on my bed at the Panori, where we have been staying for the past 2 months. We leave for a few days and then , with great happiness, we return to our base, our home in Tanga! I cannot help smiling as I am writing this. 2 years ago, I had booked a room here together with my sister, but, when i saw the old AC, the decor in the room and the quiet reception area, I ran away and we went to another hotel, double price, supposedly better. I wondered how a friend of mine could possibly choose to stay here......
Well, 2 years on, and I am now staying HERE with that friend of mine and I WOULDN'T CHANGE this place for anywhere in Tanga. The staff, like everyone on Tripadvisor mentions, are sooo friendly, sooo helpful that we really feel like we are coming home when we drive into the driveway. The decor in the room is not fantastic..I cover the armchairs with my own colourful kangas!!, but, everything is really clean. The laundry service is great, John, the houseboy is amazing...he cleans the room, washes our clothes and washes our car.
When we arrive for breakfast, we are welcomed with big smiles by everyone , so , even if breakfast itself is a little bit of an adventure - to get all things together , at the same time!! - the warmth of the people somehow makes everything acceptable.
We come back from our few days away and again, we are welcomed with so much warmth and happiness. It is not easy to find such genuine care nowdays.
I now understand why my friend stays here and I would recommend Panori to anyone who visits Tanga and wants a very reasonably priced accomodation, in a good area of town....actually the best area in town, with lovely staff and clean rooms.
Would just like to add, that a car or a bike/motorbike is needed if you choose to stay here, as Ocean Drive, is a residential area and one cannot easily get transport. It takes 12 mins to walk to the bus stand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs, facing the sea.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank surya77
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This old hotel has a lot of history to offer, as well as a nice and calm atmosphere. Staff is very friendly and makes this place feel like home. Room are nice and clean, AC and TV. They have an exellent international cuisine and the seafood is great. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business