“Best Yantai Experience”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We heard about this place from some friends. We knew it was on "Bar Street", otherwise known as Chaoyang Jie. Our taxi driver knew exactly where to take us. Within a few minutes we found La Casa. A quaint and welcoming bar, we sat down and ordered drinks at their ample bar and pizza. We were more than happy with the quality of the pizza. Some of the best I've had since Italy. The owner, Ellen, was an amazing host. Couldn't have asked for a better day out. I understand that it gets even more awesome at night, with DJ's and dancers. Can't wait 'til our next night out. This place is "Can't Miss" when in Yantai.

2  Thank Tanya F

Reviewed 25 July 2013

You have to go to "La Casa" to enjoy Yantais best pizza ever - crispy, tasty, fresh ingredients - and as a nice topping you can indulge the nice sea view from the small, nice terrace of the restaurant in Kaifaqü. To complete a perfect dinner at "La casa" i also would recommened to taste one of the delicious cocktails after dinner.
The second "La casa" in the bar street is as nice as the first one at Kaifaqü beach. I am looking forward to come back as soon as possible!

4  Thank MiVidaMoCa
Reviewed 24 July 2013

la casa have to strand.en also one in downtime yantai know. its is definitely a must for anyone to get away to eat. good food and very nice and friendly owners. even if you just want to drink this really is a very nice bar. insured in the weekend atmosphere. with good music and a nice unexpected act. In other words, all to la cassa for a big fun party ... greetings bjorn and shana

3  Thank De Wolf v
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Basic bar with some nice food, but I found the place to be to small, there is an upstairs but it was small dark and dirty , I don't think it gets a lot of use. There is only one average size T.V screen and only one draught beer so not much choice unless you prefer bottle beer, ( I don't ). The bar prices for food and drink I thought were a little above average , and only one member of staff could speak a little English on my visit. Also I found the one toilet to be very small indeed and far too close to the people eating at the bar.

1  Thank stewart t
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Definitely the best place to enjoy great food and well priced drinks. The staff and guests are very friendly as well and is a good place to make friends. I agree with the comment about smoking - it should only be allowed outside, like in Northern Europe where we enjoy a smoke, but respect another person's right to breathe fresh air.

3  Thank Jan P
Ellen G, Owner at La Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Hi, There,

Thank you for your review! I totally agree with the smoking problem. However, I have tried and failed.
At the very beginning, La Casa was a NONE SMOKIG rstaurant & bar. I loved to follow the European rules. However, a lot of customers, who smoke, have complained about my policy of No Smoking. They basically told me that this is China, I shouldnt be so serious and strict with the NO SMOKING policy in the public. Smoking isn't any issue in China, we all know that. None of the bars in Yantai banned indoor smoking. So I had to accept the fact that THIS IS CHINA after all.
I have recieved some complains from other none smoking customers. It's hard for me to balance it. The good thing is that we've got a big area outside in summer. Most smokers would sit out to drink and smoke. The upstairs dinning area is also none smoking.
I would love to make everyone happy. I will try my best to change the situation about smoking, maybe an air filter would help?
THANK YOU again for your review! I promise that La casa will keep the good quality food and drinks. And I will certainly make some changes about the smoking issue.

Ellen G.

Been to La Casa? Share your experiences!